• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we’re signing Benik, I guess that is why the odds on Wilshere are coming down?

Considering Benik got him down to Bournemouth it isn’t a massive leap to assume he’ll be trying to get him here (if we were even interested/he is even leaving arsenal)

Didn’t think of that. I was thinking more along the lines of us being touted with a top half finish and already being the ‘best of the rest’ outside the top six + out of contract high profile player = easy headlines.

What are the homegrown squad limits in the PL?

I guess that may have some bearing on us looking at Afobe/Wilshere.

We're not allowed to have more than 18 non home grown players in the 25 man squad. You can do what you want in a matchday squad.

MGW and Bright still won't count to be registered as they're under 21.

I wonder if Nuno will stick with the 3-4-3? Isn't this the first time he's played it, so perhaps he felt it was the best fit for the Championship. He might go back to his more continental approach for the prem with Afobe fitting in a bit better as the lone man up front supported by wide forwards, instead of having to drop deep to help link up play with wingbacks.

I wonder if Nuno will stick with the 3-4-3? Isn't this the first time he's played it, so perhaps he felt it was the best fit for the Championship. He might go back to his more continental approach for the prem with Afobe fitting in a bit better as the lone man up front supported by wide forwards, instead of having to drop deep to help link up play with wingbacks.

We have it working so well and Spurs have also had success with it so I don't see the need to change. Maybe Nuno has hit on a formation that really works for him.

I think it matches our players pretty well too, especially the back 3. Coady & Boly are great, but neither could do what they do in a back 2 (especially Coady).

I think we might find its a more defensive 3-4-3 in the prem, like we played against Man City, but I think we will still keep the same formation and style.

I think it matches our players pretty well too, especially the back 3. Coady & Boly are great, but neither could do what they do in a back 2 (especially Coady).

I think we might find its a more defensive 3-4-4 in the prem, like we played against Man City, but I think we will still keep the same formation and style.

I do like the idea of playing an extra player, for sure.

If Afobe is happy to play second fiddle to any potential marquee summer signing, then £10M is reasonable business. His value won't decline as he'll be seen as a striker capable of helping teams out of the Championship. See him very much as an impact sub rather than a starter next season.

Not really up for picking at the corpses of relegated teams but I've been impressed by Moritz Bauer since he joined Stoke. Played RB and RM for them so should be a good fit for our system to compete with/replace Doherty (who was excellent yesterday, and has broadly speaking been very good ever since our mid-season trip to Spain).

Smart player, multi lingual who does the basics very well on a consistent basis, very reliable. But does he lack imagination?

signing a player specifically to be a backup for $10m in the first year of promotion seems absolutely absurd to me.

Especially when you consider the amount we are likely to be shelling out. I think this could well be the most insane transfer window we have ever had.

I reckon 75 to 80m, plus a couple or 3 very decent loan players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back