• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hegazi has been a bombscare all season. Sees picking up his man from set pieces as optional. Martial will leave Utd, but it'll be higher up the food chain than us, Rashford won't.

Rashford was absolutely terrible when he came on, and I haven’t seen him make a massive impact in general. Is he over hyped? Is Jose ruining him? Is he ruining himself?

Hegazi is fucking awful.

I was wondering whether a cheeky bid for Rashford would be worthwhile. He's not a Mourinho player imo. Less certain Martial would suit our style personally. Martial will leave, but suspect he'll want to be the start where ever he goes.

Rashford is never a wide player but he's never going to play centrally for Mourinho, not sure he's really the sort who can play up top on his own to be honest, difficult to think of anywhere that would really suit him.

Rashford is never a wide player but he's never going to play centrally for Mourinho, not sure he's really the sort who can play up top on his own to be honest, difficult to think of anywhere that would really suit him.

Rashford has all the attributes to play up front on his own as does Mertial. The fact Jose has shoved them wide says more about Jose than the players. Wenger did the same stupid thing with Aumbemyang yesterday so he could shoehorn Lacazette in.

Rashford has all the attributes to play up front on his own as does Mertial. The fact Jose has shoved them wide says more about Jose than the players. Wenger did the same stupid thing with Aumbemyang yesterday so he could shoehorn Lacazette in.

I don't see it personally. Martial looks more comfortable in a wider position to me, could do a similar job to someone like Mane at Liverpool if he upped his workrate but don't see him as a proper winger or a proper striker, Rashford just looks like a proper old No.9 to me, play on the shoulder and use your pace to cause problems, he can certainly finish but I don't think he's that great running with the ball despite his pace.

Rashford has strength, pace and an excellent first touch. Martial is more of a Firmino type forward who can drop off or go beyond his markers. A clever player who is a better finisher than the Brazilian sadly wasted by being shoved wide,

I feel that's a somewhat generous description of both personally.

IIRC Martial has never played as an out-and-out striker for any extended period of time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well last night, against Man U, he was superb, MOM IMO, and they did quite a bit of defending. An Egyptian international apparently so must be a team-mate of Salah of Liverpool.
So supposedly had one good game and knows a good player. Let's sign him then.

So supposedly had one good game and knows a good player. Let's sign him then.

You may be right, that it's just one good game. I didn't suggest we should buy him, just that I was impressed with him last night.
No need for the attitude.

Curse of the lack of 2 striker formations these days? For both

Martial obviously not coming here but he's got all the talent you need and he would flourish in a similar position to our inside forwards. Think with a coach that loved him and helped him he could become a fantastic player but that's not under Jose. Rashford is a striker as well for me, he's ok at running with the ball but he's much better at running in behind and he can finish. Been to Old Trafford a few times with a mate and Rashford has impressed me live with his movement but had no one to find his runs most of the time.

I don't think either would be coming here but they are much better than they have looked under Mourinho this season.

You may be right, that it's just one good game. I didn't suggest we should buy him, just that I was impressed with him last night.

Hegazi is either fantastic or terrible from what i have seen this season. There is no inbetween.

You put him on the Summer Transfer Thread, therefore I inferred you were.

You put him on the Summer Transfer Thread, I'd suggest you were.

Didn't know enough about Hegazi to suggest we buy him, but wanted to see what people thought of him, after his performance last night. Tapping the knowledge on here.

Martial and Rashford I've seen quite a lot of and think they would make good signings for us.

Our striker seems nailed on to be Andre Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back