• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where the best place to post this is, but my sister has just shown me a write up about Wolves in fridays The Sun, where they are scoring the ‘Prem quality’ of our current squad out of 5.

Here’s the scores they’ve given our players -

Ruddy - 2 (out of 5)
Doherty - 2
Bennett - 1
Coady - 2
Boly - 4
Douglas - 3
Neves - 5
Saiss - 2
Cavaleiro - 3
Bonatini - 2
Jota - 4
Batth - 1
Miranda - 1
Afobe - 2
N’Diaye - 2
Costa - 3

Andre Silva tweet tonight - The gold standard for strikers #Hypervenom III Game of Gold ⚽♦️

WHY AY WE SIGNED ANYONE YET?!!

I’ve heard (yes, I know) that the squad overhaul in the summer will be way, way more expansive than any of us are imagining. Something like only 6 or 7 players are 100% safe and Nuno will be upgrading wherever he can.

Didn’t sound right to me but the guy has been right on a number of things before.

Suspect this may be right - if you take a player like Barry Douglas he's had a fantastic season, but is he our PL wing back given our ambitions? Probably not - but he's had a fantastic season and after another year with us he'll rightly pick up a really good contract somewhere.

My bets for next season:
- Andre Silva
-Andre Gomes
-Renato Sanches
-Pizzi
-Garay
-Fabio Coentrão
-Tiquinho Soares
-Mangala
-Anwar El Ghazi
Joker bet: Radamel Falcão

Those Sun ratings seem mostly fair to me. I was maybe considering Saiss to be higher but need to wait and see how he deals with the overall faster game and speed of thought that some in the Prem have.

No idea. Makes sense to do it that way though, means everyone is competing against the same squads from the first game in.
Well, kind of. But the rest of Europe can still buy EPL players for a couple more weeks.

Which is stupid.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Those Sun ratings seem mostly fair to me. I was maybe considering Saiss to be higher but need to wait and see how he deals with the overall faster game and speed of thought that some in the Prem have.
Well if they are fair, we're going down!

My bets for next season:
- Andre Silva
-Andre Gomes
-Renato Sanches
-Pizzi
-Garay
-Fabio Coentrão
-Tiquinho Soares
-Mangala
-Anwar El Ghazi
Joker bet: Radamel Falcão
Is Aboubacar likely anymore?

I see there are suggestions this morning that Mick will be taking over at Leeds. Could easily see him wanting Danny Batth there as captain

Dour Yorkshire man manages dour Yorkshire team. Good fit.

Leeds fans are very keen - not sure how well Mick will get on with their owner though.

Ruddy at 2 is harsh considering he was capped by England the last time he played in the premier league.Coady is nearer a 3 than a 2 as is Saiss. The others are about right.

Regarding squad expansion there are two boxes that must be ticked imo. Will newcomers fit into and buy into the nuno way? Have they the right quality? I can see about 7 of our current 11 starting next season.

Was impressed by Hegazi, CB for West Brom last night in their win over United.

It was also mentioned that Martial and Rashford are unhappy at Man U at the moment with the lack of game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back