• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramsey wont be available, 10 times better player

Right...let's be realistic here. We need to add Aaron Ramsey to what is now known as the Ronaldo pile.

Indeed.

Not that he'd be anymore suitable than Wilshere anyway, just as cavalier in his approach, fine for Arsene Wenger and his blasé attitude to defending but not so good if you actually want your team to maintain some kind of shape from time to time.

Elneny is probably the Gunner most suitable, and likely, but wouldn't expect that to happen either.

Elneny has just signed a long contract extension. Ramsey is out of contract at the end of next season.

I KNOW it is unrealistic to think Ramsey is coming (he won't be). I was using it to contrast against Wilshere, which I think would be a really poor piece of business and totally in contrast with our perceived transfer ethic under fosun.

Really not sure that I want an injury prone player from Arsenal (or anywhere else)

Would rather have a player who is going to be available for at least 30 Premier games (whether we decide to use him or not) - we are not likely to be challenging in the top four so players who can improve us above at least 10 others are beneficial as long as they are available sufficiently

Elneny has just signed a long contract extension. Ramsey is out of contract at the end of next season.

I KNOW it is unrealistic to think Ramsey is coming (he won't be). I was using it to contrast against Wilshere, which I think would be a really poor piece of business and totally in contrast with our perceived transfer ethic under fosun.

I can't say as I see much contrast with Wilshere personally, both highly unrealistic and barely suitable for what Wolves require from central midfielders in this season, they're virtually identical for the purpose of this exercise.

Wilshere is freebies in a couple of weeks. That is probably the difference. Obviously wages are huge. I personally think Ramsey and Neves would be a magnificent central midfield for us. It won't happen though.

Pascal Gross

Wilshere is freebies in a couple of weeks. That is probably the difference. Obviously wages are huge. I personally think Ramsey and Neves would be a magnificent central midfield for us. It won't happen though.

I think you'd end up with the same problems from either of them personally, you'd back Ramsey to provide more goals than Wilshere but out of posession they're both useless, they're both just too forward thinking all the time, neither of them ever approach a game with any sense of caution so you'd just end up with massive gaps through midfield all the time and it's already been seen this season how damaging that can be at times when N'Diaye has gone walk about.

There's no disputing the ability of either but they're not what Wolves need if they persist with the setup from this season, they both need more cover to allow them to play their way than would be afforded by a single midfield partner.

Nuno won't sign anyone that might upset the dressing room. No chance of Wilshere at all.

I'd love to see Kasper Dolberg in as a prospect behind a top first choice striker.

As if Wilshire or Ramsey would come to wolves right now.

I know Neves came but he hadn't spent his career playing top flight football.

I've said it before but I think we could do a lot worse than Joe Allen

I can see us being in for talisca again and possibly Aboubakar or Soares from Porto

Really like Joe Allen but two small cm's next to eachother..nah

Joe Allen is a nothing player for me. Had a freak Sedgley/Olofinjana run of goals last season but he isn't very good.

I think he was a bit underrated at liverpool but certainly we could do much better and he is a no fit for me

I think Allen would do a decent job next to Neves, he's not going to do anything incredible but he's a tidy little footballer.

That being said I can see a midfielder coming in who's generally more defensive minded first and foremost, despite the quality in the squad there are going to be more games next season where Wolves aren't able to control things and have to just ride things out for the most part, like they did against City in the cup. A strong defensive presence in the middle of the park will be a big help in those situations.

I assume when people are saying 3 or 4 signings they are excluding the 2 or 3 loan signings?

I would be extremely happy with:

Boly - 12m
Jota - 12m
N'Diaye - 8mill (not to some people's taste but he think he will be effective against certain opponents and in certain situations.)
GK - ?
LWB- ?
RWB - ?
ST - ?
CM -?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's interesting to see the various names being banded about, but I guess we'll only get sniff of who is coming in right at the last moment and they are unlikely to come from English football realistically.

I really think we could do an awful lot better than N'Diaye for 3rd choice CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back