• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Wilshere, and we need a couple more homegrown "English" players in the squad - but with the ever-annoying inflated fees for domestic players, I can imagine us being quite discerning about who we target in that respect, and his injury record is a big mark against him. (Especially as so many of those "spells out with injury" came from, shall we say, "nasal issues"...)

I'd take Wilshere, and we need a couple more homegrown "English" players in the squad - but with the ever-annoying inflated fees for domestic players, I can imagine us being quite discerning about who we target in that respect, and his injury record is a big mark against him. (Especially as so many of those "spells out with injury" came from, shall we say, "nasal issues"...)

He's free if he goes, although obviously he isn't going to come here for anything other than silly money in terms of wages.

He is a cock though and you will never ever be able to count on his fitness.

There was a time when I would have said yes to Wilshere, but that particular boat sailed about ten years ago!

Don't think we'll see nearly the influx some are expecting. 3 signings for the senior team max would be my guess.

But honestly, who knows.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oh didn't realize he was out of contract - yeah I can definitely see him coming then in that case, although I think we'd be fools if he did and we expected him to be anything other than occasional backup.

Oh didn't realize he was out of contract - yeah I can definitely see him coming then in that case, although I think we'd be fools if he did and we expected him to be anything other than occasional backup.

I'll make sure to have a Jack and Coke on the day he signs in tribute.

Seriously though I don't think we'll look at him.

Apparently we’re second favourites with the bookies to sign Jack Wilshere. And the bookies are never wrong.... (which would presumably mean Everton as favourites would sign him...)

Apart from when they offered Wolves at 20-1 for the title!

I’m not - only put a tenner on, but looking forward to the payout.
Also put a tenner on, but at 18s. Going towards my season ticket renewal, in expectation of a price rise.

Anyone who is out of contract and will interest the big clubs will work against us. We won't want to pay silly wages or match the bigger clubs on this, and that's what no transfer fee will mean.

It's the transfers that will demand £20-30m for a young player with potential that the big clubs won't want to gamble on that we'll be better at winning. Just like Neves.

Also put a tenner on, but at 18s. Going towards my season ticket renewal, in expectation of a price rise.

Nice. I'm still hoping for Jota to make it to top scorer heh.

I’m thinking price freeze but no new season tickets in anticipation of stadium redevelopment. Match day prices go up though.

I had 20 @ 14/1 so hopefully pays for most of my sons season ticket.

I’m thinking price freeze but no new season tickets in anticipation of stadium redevelopment. Match day prices go up though.

The delay in announcing stuff makes me think Promotion being secured will be a good day to bury bad news

I don't think we would be looking at Wilshere but if we were I would trust Nuno to be able to make him a part of the system effectively and instil some discipline. I don't think he is getting that under Wenger.

Dont really want Wilshere..supertalent, who hasnt done much in the last 3-4 years mostly due to his injury record..

The delay in announcing stuff makes me think Promotion being secured will be a good day to bury bad news

There was a quote from Laurie Dalrymple from the fans parliament where he said “trust me”. The club are guaranteed full houses next season and I don’t think they will want to be perceived as ripping supporters off. The plan for the club doesn’t seem to be based on revenue from turnstiles but from winning things and growing the supporter base here and abroad (China)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back