• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Hey Johnny, you could just have let it go :run:

Spoke out of turn, the link I saw was a fake account.

Anyway, former Monaco, current Marseille striker. Supposedly in the same mold as Bonatini, although Germain is definitely a smaller guy.

Been thinking for a while that our recruitment drive over the summer may not be as large (in numbers) as some think. Does anyone else think that we will merely sign 2-3 *big* name players? Players that immediately come in to the 11 and improve us.

I think Nuno will give the likes of Douglas, Doherty, Saiss an opportunity to prove themselves next season. Much as some of them have been criticised by sections on here, it’s difficult to argue with the stats. Douglas has the most assists in the league from left back, FFS!

A lot of people have said this team and squad would survive and do well in the PL as it is - I agree with them. Don’t get me wrong, we’ll definitely make improvements, but I reckon we’ll go for 2-3 top quality signings and give the bulk of this years first team squad the opportunity to showcase their skills in the PL. Hard to argue that they don’t deserve it!

I think Nuno will give the likes of Douglas, Doherty, Saiss an opportunity to prove themselves next season. Much as some of them have been criticised by sections on here, it’s difficult to argue with the stats. Douglas has the most assists in the league from left back, FFS!

Or say, John Ruddy with his 20+ clean sheets...

Realistically I think we will probably sign 4 to 6, of which 3 (a striker, CM and maybe another CB) will be big names.

For me the last 3 games have confirmed that Afobe isn't for us. He struggles in this system and his first touch has let him down a number times.

For me the last 3 games have confirmed that Afobe isn't for us. He struggles in this system and his first touch has let him down a number times.

I have this argument with my eldest. I'd sooner keep Bonatini, get a new forward in and then you've still got the option of Jota in the middle.

Been thinking for a while that our recruitment drive over the summer may not be as large (in numbers) as some think. Does anyone else think that we will merely sign 2-3 *big* name players? Players that immediately come in to the 11 and improve us.

A lot of people have said this team and squad would survive and do well in the PL as it is - I agree with them. Don’t get me wrong, we’ll definitely make improvements, but I reckon we’ll go for 2-3 top quality signings and give the bulk of this years first team squad the opportunity to showcase their skills in the PL. Hard to argue that they don’t deserve it!

I agree, I think it would be harsh on the majority of the squad to completely overhaul them in summer after such an impressive promotion season. Boly, Cav, Saiss, Neves, Costa, Jota all deserve a shot at first team football in the PL, I would imagine it is one of the main things they were promised when they were enticed here.

For me, we need upgrades on Ruddy, Alf, Doherty, Douglas, Leo, Benik.

It won't be an overhaul but I think we'll see 5 quality signings brought in and the others given their fair chances to show what they are made of.

Suspect we'll see 4-5 big-ish signings personally. Nuno and Thelwell will have identified areas to strengthen. Suspect we'll see a RWB, at least 1 CB, at least 1 CM, and at least 1 forward. Part of how many signings we make will depend on how many loans we either make permanent, or sign further loan deals. Also, will depend on how many players we sell/cancel the contracts of.

I'm intrigued to see what happens with Vinagre, as he's been out of the matchday squad recently. There have been chances to put him back in when Jota was injured, but Nuno didn't.

Apparently we’re second favourites with the bookies to sign Jack Wilshere. And the bookies are never wrong.... (which would presumably mean Everton as favourites would sign him...)

Wilshere wouldn't work, he hasn't got the discipline.

Even last night playing in a 3 man midfield Elneny was left exposed time and time again, you'd just end up with Neves stood around in the centre of the park on his own for 90% of the game whilst Wilshere went wandering off all over the place.

Never mind the discipline - he hasn't got the bone structure. Sooner have Aaron Ramsey and his stapled leg.

I'd love Wilshere personally. I think he'd do well alongside Neves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back