• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny that because that's what I thought when you first joined TWF...

giphy.gif

If you scroll down were also bidding £3m for a young kid called Michael Jacobs at Wigan ??? :)

If you scroll down were also bidding £3m for a young kid called Michael Jacobs at Wigan ??? :)

And Luke Shaw is going on loan to Portsmouth. And Blackburn are confident of landing Alex Iwobi. And Messi is urging Barca to sign Marc Albrighton.

We've not got a chance of landing him after Pep would have seen him at close quarters in the FA Cup.

Would Dave whelan let him come to us? I'd heard he's got a grudge against us,something to do with a cup final he was in,fairly certain he broke his leg in it,not 100% sure he never mentions it

If that is true then I already like the look of our targets and continued recruitment strategy.

Anyone been following whats going on at Sporting CP recently? Seems like an absolute shit show. We could definitely take advantage of that in the summer with a few bids for the likes of William Carvalho, Fabio Coentrão, Rui Patrício or Gelson Martins.

Moving this discussion back from the Leo thread, let's have a look at the bottom half of rhe Premier League and see who'd be worth having.

WBA:
Evans - But he'll have suitors higher up.
Gibbs - Good player but must be on a fair wage.

Southampton:
Forster - Would love him but will be interesting bigger clubs.
Soares - Would work well in our system.
Bertrand - Would be expensive and likely wouldn't want to come to us.
Romeu - Upgrade on Saiss, but is a bit of a yellow card machine.

Stoke:
Butland - Same as Forster.

Palace:
Milovojevic - Another potential upgrade on Saiss. Likes a penalty.
Zaha - Wouldn't come here and would be overpriced.

Huddersfield:
Haven't really seen much of them but obviously the likes of Mooy stand out. Wouldn't come here anyway in all likelihood.

Swansea:
Mawson - Again would be overpriced because he's English. I'd take him though.
Abraham - Costly again but is a good player.

Brighton:
Another I've not seen much of and can't say any of the names appeal.

West Ham:
Arnautovic maybe but that's it. And even then he's a bit streaky and temperamental.

Bournemouth:
I think we'll sign Afobe. The rest of their squad are steady but not exciting.

Watford:
Janmaat - Would be a good wing-back but he's getting on a bit and can be quite injury prone.
Doucoure - Probably out of our reach.
Capoue - Same here.
Richarlison - Unlikely to want to move and would be expensive.
Okaka - Linked before, but we're probably shopping in a higher level now.

Newcastle:
No-one really. Not even Joselu ;)

Anyone been following whats going on at Sporting CP recently? Seems like an absolute shit show. We could definitely take advantage of that in the summer with a few bids for the likes of William Carvalho, Fabio Coentrão, Rui Patrício or Gelson Martins.

Coentrao is the Portuguese Podolski, one good World Cup and traded off that for the rest of his career.

We probably could get Forster if we wanted as he's sitting on the bench now for Saints and has been for months. However he's been really poor since his injury, so slow to get down.

I like Cedric Soares, he'd be ideal for us.

I like Mounie at Huddersfield and think he'd work well here. Nearly all of the Saints squad would walk into our first team, they've been horribly mismanaged this season and those players have no right being where they are.

I’d like lewis cook from Bournemouth, butland from Stoke, and I’d love Mawson but he’ll be massively overpriced.

Don’t rate Forster these days. He’s just a massive lump. Doesn’t save anything requiring any reflexes or agility, just fills most the goal. Bertrand and Soares are upgrades, as would be Romeu.

If they hold on against Arsenal they won’t go down. It will be Huddersfield.

Forster is downright awful nowadays. He can't get down at all. Soares is decent, but I'm not convinced he's a wing back. Bertrand will go to City to back up Mendy I imagine, relegation or not.

There's plenty of talent in Romeu, Lemina and Hojberg, but for whatever reason it hasn't happened for any of them this season.

Propper and Stephens are both very good at Brighton, but they're probably just about safe.

Milovojejic would be a good signing.

Never seem anything worthwhile in Hojberg, he just doesn't seem to excel at anything, technically proficient but not especially mobile, doesn't seem to get forward with any real purpose or provide any great defensive presence, he's just there.

Izquierdo from Brighton could be a proper player next season, he's taken a while to settle but most of the good things Brighton do now goes through him. Having a choice of him or Cav on the left would be quality.

Do you reckon we could get someone like Stefan De Vrij (CB)? His contract at Lazio is up in the summer so that could mean he'd get huge wages somewhere. No harm in asking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back