• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main reason Wilshere chose to go to Bournemouth over half of the rest of the PL was because of Afobe.

There was a quote from Laurie Dalrymple from the fans parliament where he said “trust me”. The club are guaranteed full houses next season and I don’t think they will want to be perceived as ripping supporters off. The plan for the club doesn’t seem to be based on revenue from turnstiles but from winning things and growing the supporter base here and abroad (China)

I hope you are right. And with Laurie's record so far is good in terms of getting the fans onside with initiatives and the like I do trust him. His comments about the pricing matching our ambition (along those lines I think anyway, that's how I took it), worried me a little bit. Matchday revenue will be so small compared to the money we are bringing in from broadcasting rights, that I think we can afford to keep the pricing affordable.

I can't remember his exact quote but maybe 'pricing matching ambition' related more to the ambition to see Molineux rocking with full stadiums and the knock on effect that has on growing the brand rather than the ambition to get increased gate receipts. As you say, LD has got it all right so far, don't see them suddenly fleecing the fans

Just me that thinks a Neves/Wilshere midfield would be a bit of a disaster defensively?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wilshere would be on silly wages, no discussion for me

Huddlestone is past for me..i liked Dicko but not sure in Nunos' system

That's £8m Nouha Dicko to you.

Only thing i really would like is a top striker like Aguero ;) mendez, nuno, fosun...solve it :)

Fred wants a striker?!

giphy.gif

Play seven up front next season I say. Goals win games.

:icon_lol: love that show btw

If we were to try and prise an injury prone Arsenal midfielder away from the Emirates, then I would go for Aaron Ramsey every fucking time.

Right...let's be realistic here. We need to add Aaron Ramsey to what is now known as the Ronaldo pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back