• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard (yes, I know) that the squad overhaul in the summer will be way, way more expansive than any of us are imagining. Something like only 6 or 7 players are 100% safe and Nuno will be upgrading wherever he can.

Didn’t sound right to me but the guy has been right on a number of things before.

I’ve heard (yes, I know) that the squad overhaul in the summer will be way, way more expansive than any of us are imagining. Something like only 6 or 7 players are 100% safe and Nuno will be upgrading wherever he can.

Didn’t sound right to me but the guy has been right on a number of things before.

This would fit a lot more with the owners ambitions. Under Moxey we'd be looking at Robson-Kanu but things are different now. Last summer was exciting enough - I think this summer will be 10 x that.

That doesn't fit with the wage cap we will have though. While we could afford to buy massive players our wage cap would stop us paying them the required wages.

It wouldn't. We are going to have a minimum spare of £27m. That is over £500k a week.

It wouldn't. We are going to have a minimum spare of £27m. That is over £500k a week.
500k a week is not huge amount if we are looking to sign top players though, its what 5 or 6 really good players, if that?

Saying 6 or 7 players are safe is not exactly news (not saying this to discredit your source btw).

Obviously Neves, Jota, Boly, Cav, Costa (Saiss and Doherty by default as they have no competition, Coady as he’s captain) are the only safe ones. Vinagre, Leo, Afobe, Alf are all on loan and are probably less then 50% likely to stay. After that you’ve just got U23s and the defenders. Miranda is 99% our the door, Batth 90%. Id like to see Douglas, Bennett and Hause stay as squad players but if someone comes knocking and willing to pay decent money then you’d be best served letting them go if you don’t see them in your best 11.

500k a week is not huge amount if we are looking to sign top players though, its what 5 or 6 really good players, if that?

While that is undoubtably true, it is also why we are in a better place than most promoted teams that need absolutely radical surgery to compete. 5 players at the £100k level on top of what we already have makes us a lot more than merely competitive.

While that is undoubtably true, it is also why we are in a better place than most promoted teams that need absolutely radical surgery to compete. 5 players at the £100k level on top of what we already have makes us a lot more than merely competitive.

plus hopefully after tomorrow active recruitment can be started - such an advantage given its not even end of season. Another reason why play off winners always left scraping the barrel

plus hopefully after tomorrow active recruitment can be started - such an advantage given its not even end of season. Another reason why play off winners always left scraping the barrel

I think they’ve been actively recruiting since the start of the season. Although Nuno hasn’t let it slip everyone knew what was happening after a few games and i think they will have been planning for the Premier League ever since as shown by announcing we will sign Jota on July 1st in January.

With the World Cup this summer, a month's headstart will be an advantage in getting players in early before they head off to Russia.

I think they’ve been actively recruiting since the start of the season. Although Nuno hasn’t let it slip everyone knew what was happening after a few games and i think they will have been planning for the Premier League ever since as shown by announcing we will sign Jota on July 1st in January.

Agreed, we've probably already got most of our signings lined up. All we have to do is push the button once the season is finished.

Depends on when our targets become available. There will be one or 2 who will sign straight away, some where negotiations drag on and some which come out of the blue. It'll be a ridiculously busy window and we'll be doing business right up until the deadline.

Depends on when our targets become available. There will be one or 2 who will sign straight away, some where negotiations drag on and some which come out of the blue. It'll be a ridiculously busy window and we'll be doing business right up until the deadline.

Isn't our deadline to sign the Thursday evening before the season starts instead of the end of August this year?

Isn't our deadline to sign the Thursday evening before the season starts instead of the end of August this year?
No idea. Makes sense to do it that way though, means everyone is competing against the same squads from the first game in.

I'd like him to send us Vitor Gomes from that list, who wouldn't want that hair in their squad?

38780-1441377942.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back