• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will definitely do a few loan to buys. If not just as a try before you buy, but for accounting purposes. With the Jota, Boly and maybe even Afobe, Alf and Vinagre coming in, that’s going to be a big gross spend before we even look at new arrivals.

If there is anything in the André Silva story, I would expect that to be a loan to buy. Particularly when he’s had a poor year so would be a bit of a gamble to blow £30m on him.

We will need to get used to everyman & his dog being linked with us now - most of it can be ignored

Reckon that it's quite possible that we will spend £100m - a big money striker & a number of other potential first team starters

Some will come from 'left field' though ALA Douglas & Bonatini this year which I don't think many reported up front & surprised many.

I think our total will be north of £150m

I'd say this too. On about 6 players with another 3 coming in on loan. Seems a lot at first glance but I think we'll be going for:

1 x GK
2 x CB
1 x RWB
1 x LWB
1 x CM
1 x AM/ IF
2 x STR

Yeah Jota, Afobe and Boly (if true on latter and fees correct) is £32m alone!

Agree we will probably have a couple of loans come in to. Maybe Vinagre again and if we really were in for Andre Silva.

£60-70m at least. Maybe nearer Paddy's estimate. Mental.

GK - some obscure loanee from abroad. Will never play. We'll stick with what we have as the first choice and back up.
One of the forwards - will probably be Afobe and be paid for (in terms of both fee and wages, easily) by what we sell this summer

Don't see us bothering with another player to compete with Jota/Cav/Costa/MGW/Bright.

Talk of £100m+ is fanciful I think.

GK - some obscure loanee from abroad. Will never play. We'll stick with what we have as the first choice and back up.
One of the forwards - will probably be Afobe and be paid for (in terms of both fee and wages, easily) by what we sell this summer

Don't see us bothering with another player to compete with Jota/Cav/Costa/MGW/Bright.

Talk of £100m+ is fanciful I think.

I should've qualified that a bit more:

1 x GK
2 x CB (Boly + ?)
1 x RWB
1 x LWB
1 x CM
1 x AM/ IF (Jota)
2 x ST (Afobe + Andre Silva?)

I think we'll spend big on a STR, CB, CM and LWB and I think £100m will be easily broken when you include Jota and Boly in with them.

I should've qualified that a bit more:

1 x GK
2 x CB (Boly + ?)
1 x RWB
1 x LWB
1 x CM
1 x AM/ IF (Jota)
2 x ST (Afobe + Andre Silva?)

I think we'll spend big on a STR, CB, CM and LWB and I think £100m will be easily broken when you include Jota and Boly in with them.

This would be my expectation, though I think we might sign Alf as a back up CM too.

Would love us to sign Vinagre. Not sure if we will if he is costly.

Talisca linked again, seems more likely this time. I'm not sure where he'd play though - he doesn't seem like a striker and were well stocked with AM / IF

I'd expect a summer similar to last summer's, ideally with a striker being signed though!

I'd expect a summer similar to last summer's, ideally with a striker being signed though!

Well if not I can get - Rafa Mir, here I go again, my my, how can I resist you - going then :D

Jota, Boly, Afobe, N'Diaye is going to total over £40m.

And that is to stand still.

Chuck in an Andre Silva type deal and that is £80m

Before you think about wing backs and a centre midfield partner for Neves as an upgrade for Saiss. Oh and the extra centre back (which I think will possibly be Marcano)

I am going to stick with £150m plus

Even on the basis of those calculations (I don't think we'll sign Alf, but whatevs) that means you have 2 x wingbacks and a CM at £70m+.

No :icon_lol: That just won't happen.

Think we'll sign one too striker/forward plus either Leo or Adobe as back up, one CM and a RWB, make Boli permanent, possibly Vinagre too

I doubt we’re just going to plonk down £30m x3. As I said earlier, there will be more loans to buy rather than just throwing money everywhere. I’d be pretty disappointed if we just go and throw £40m at André Silva when he’s not lived up to the hype at AC Milan. Nuno May turn him into the next best thing since sliced bread, but to commit money like that in our position is a risk.

Even on the basis of those calculations (I don't think we'll sign Alf, but whatevs) that means you have 2 x wingbacks and a CM at £70m+.

No :icon_lol: That just won't happen.

We'll see. Fosun aren't here to fuck about, that much is clear. I am pretty fucking confident that the nonsense I have seen elsewhere about James Rodrigues is just that. That is ridiculous. But, saying that, say we go for Alex Telles - that isn't going to be cheap.

I have a funny feeling that Wilshere may well be the centre mid target, and obviously there will be no transfer fee there, which might bork my calculations somewhat!

Alex Telles was another bullshit link, totally made up, I can't believe how often that has been repeated.

Aboubakar is another one that is just never going to happen.

We're in the position where spending big money on players is always going to be with some kind of risk attached. Players who are first choice striker for the reigning European champions wouldn't come to a newly promoted club if they were banging the goals in at club level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back