• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another one doing the rounds. Rojo picked Everton over Wolves because he views Wolves as a "minor club".

Rojo is shit hot with burns isn't he...

865f371a346c48ac7274b80f0762ca86_crop_exact.jpg

Here's another one doing the rounds. Rojo picked Everton over Wolves because he views Wolves as a "minor club".

Good. He has minimal ability when it comes to defending, funnily enough. Also a dickhead and a liability, if he plays regularly he'll get sent off at least three times a year now he no longer plays for United.

Club - we have never been interested in Silva
90% of our fans on Twitter - We need to finally get Silva deal sorted
Me - We arent signing him.
Them - You dont know that.
Me - Yes we do.
Them - Probably just a cover

:emot-fuckoff:

Club - we have never been interested in Silva
90% of our fans on Twitter - We need to finally get Silva deal sorted
Me - We arent signing him.
Them - You dont know that.
Me - Yes we do.
Them - Probably just a cover

:emot-fuckoff:

A player is linked and then it becomes fact we are after them, even if the link comes from Dave from Penn who is bored one afternoon and decides to make something up, so when they obviously don't sign it is time to get CYBER ANGRY . People are geniunly calling our transfer window shit and calling out Fosun for not spending

Some of our fans think it's like football manager,you cough the money up and the player moves,the other thing with wolves at the moment is it's going to be a hard sell to any player,we've got the money,but I'd guess players still see us as a bit of a risk,being newly promoted after a long time out the premier league. Then there's Wolverhampton to throw in as well,if you've been able to sit and watch the sun set over the med,watching it over the mander centre isn't quite the same

Some of our fans think it's like football manager,you cough the money up and the player moves,the other thing with wolves at the moment is it's going to be a hard sell to any player,we've got the money,but I'd guess players still see us as a bit of a risk,being newly promoted after a long time out the premier league. Then there's Wolverhampton to throw in as well,if you've been able to sit and watch the sun set over the med,watching it over the mander centre isn't quite the same

The irony is, not since Cm0102 has it actually been easy to buy players on Football Manager.

For example Moutinho, Rui Patricio and Jimenez wouldn't sign for Wolves on FM18!

Part of me wants Wolves not to sign anyone else and then this squad prove the glory hunting cunts that they are better than they think anyway.

However i don't think i could handle reading you all slagging Doherty off for another season either.

Torn.

Spurs have indicated that they will listen to offers for Danny Rose - I assume they are flushing out interest...

The deadline's a week today, so we might want to think about getting a move on...

The fact we haven’t been able to shift any of the deadwood tells you where the markets at at the minute. I’m assuming championship clubs can still do deals after next week so they are all waiting to see whose available after next week before committing to anything early

The fact we haven’t been able to shift any of the deadwood tells you where the markets at at the minute. I’m assuming championship clubs can still do deals after next week so they are all waiting to see whose available after next week before committing to anything early
No, their window is the same as ours

Thanks. Well that’s backs my point that the market is pretty stagnant further I guess.

Surprised that few (none) of our group 3 have had any approaches from any Championship clubs - suppose the fact that few of them have had much playing time at that level in the last 12 months is a factor

To be honest I think we'll struggle to shift on the likes of Mason, Zyro, Graham etc. If we're lucky someone might come in and offer a loan out of desperation in the last day or two but we won't benefit from any of those loan deals and they'll probably all end up running down their contracts and/or leaving for next to nothing. Which reminds me, why the FUCK did we offer EEL such a long contract?! :icon_lol:

I did read Ronan was off to Plymouth on loan but that seems to have gone quiet.

I think Championship clubs can still loan until a week after our window closes.

Ideally we would get rid of a lot of those players on permanent deals but as it is they will probably end up with loans at best, apart from Marshall it hasn't seemed to work out too well for us in recent history and if anything the players' value has decreased.

Wallace and to a lesser extent Saville too, tbf.

And the Duck.

Down to the player to a large extent, Iorfa had the chance to revitalise his career last season at a decent club but he couldn't take it.

I think Championship clubs can still loan until a week after our window closes.

Ideally we would get rid of a lot of those players on permanent deals but as it is they will probably end up with loans at best, apart from Marshall it hasn't seemed to work out too well for us in recent history and if anything the players' value has decreased.

Loan window open until 31 August for EFL clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back