• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd resigned myself to that happening when O'Rourke ran his article yesterday. Villa getting £3.6m from it is yet another reason I'd rather we didn't sign him.

I don’t give a toss about what Villa get from it tbf. Looks like it will happen anyway.

Also says we are after a central defender.

I'd resigned myself to that happening when O'Rourke ran his article yesterday. Villa getting £3.6m from it is yet another reason I'd rather we didn't sign him.

If Boro have been canny they'd have bought Villa out of that clause with an offer of £100 and an engineer to fix McCormacks gate.

I don’t give a toss about what Villa get from it tbf. Looks like it will happen anyway.

You've not lived for the last 40 odd years in an area where Villa fans have lorded it over you. Chucking £3.6m at them for nowt in their FFP hour of need will give them extra ammunition on top of the stick I'm still getting for all of the crocks and duds they used to sell us.

I thought Boro bought out the buy out clause for £1m last January?

I wouldn't not sign him purely because of the Villa element and was being slightly but not totally tongue in cheek, it's 5th on the list behind:
He's overpriced
He doesn't have a football brain - pace is only frightening if you know what to do with it. Middle aged Wolves fans will remember Tim Steele
He's inferior to our first 3 choice wider forward players
A defender with a bit of nouse and experience can take him out of the game - see what Hutton did to him twice in the play offs

I thought Boro bought out the buy out clause for £1m last January?
I was just going on the article linked which quoted that. As Sniffer says if Boro didn't do that at least in the last 3 months then they've missed a trick

You've not lived for the last 40 odd years in an area where Villa fans have lorded it over you. Chucking £3.6m at them for nowt in their FFP hour of need will give them extra ammunition on top of the stick I'm still getting for all of the crocks and duds they used to sell us.

I don't think we've done that badly out of them in my time.

Phil Robinson - big part of our Turner team, like most of that lot just wasn't quite up to climbing two levels
Derek Mountfield - slow but alright. Given the context of Madden/Stancliffe/Hindmarch, really not that bad
Paul Birch - seemed like a great signing. That prick Tait ruined him, he wasn't very good after that
Steve Froggatt - loved him, even with McGhee being a bollix and trying to turn him into a wing back. Doubled our money on him
Tony Daley - ok, this one was stupid, should never have bought him
Dennis Pearce - rubbish, but we didn't pay for him. Assist for Bully at Maine Road :)
Michael Oakes - good for the money we paid, although depending how much we paid for Norris and given we haven't paid for Rui yet, he might still be our most expensive keeper ever
Jordan Graham - free and outstanding for two months. Injuries and possible attitude have knacked him for good it seems

Am I missing any?

Mark Jones -.a niche reference, Sid Cowans, Andy Blair - possibly before your time

We signed Sid off Derby I think.

Andy Blair, how fucking old do you think I am?!

Was Mark Blake a permanent or just on loan.

Mark Burke did a job for a while.

They were all cast offs, has beens, never will be or should be's and perma-crocks with the exception of Froggy who also missed a huge amount of games with his blood problem.

Good shout and I liked Rob so long as we kept him well away from RB. He was dire there.

Blake was a loan and was shit. Burke was from Boro I think?

Not sure now. My brothers mate was in the academy at Villa with him IIRC.

Edit. Just checked and as always you are indeed correct. Boro signed him from Villa.

I can't understand the thinking behind the Traore transfer at all. Brain dead player.

I'd be paying whatever United want for Smalling and Spurs want for Rose. Might need some convincing to come mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back