• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Oscillating Wildly Thread

Good that. Let’s hope the twat reads it.

Feel free to forward it to him, Greg is welcome round my gaff any time for a cup of tea and a chat. Probably best he books a taxi home though.

Feel free to forward it to him, Greg is welcome round my gaff any time for a cup of tea and a chat. Probably best he books a taxi home though.

He doesn’t seem very active on Twitter these days. I did find this gem though, which cheered me up

16a0df43c6c37af4961dd7bc1c35c7fc.jpg

:icon_lol:

A rare example of someone actually being as stupid as they look.

There was always a hint of Nathan Barley about him.

Great stuff.

I went into the archives and read some match reports from 16/17. The scathing but totally justifiable criticisms of Coady and Doc are insane to read given the present day versions. I'd love to watch the reactions of a fan reading them who only started watching Wolves in 2018.

All the Edwards stuff holds up, la.

Halford was soooo shit! And every day the prick posted what he was having for dinner on Twitter, despite being signed for us and never getting a game. Completely out of touch with the fans, cant believe Mick signed him from Sunderland. Didn't seem a Mick type player at all.

Hope you’ve made some room for Harewood in this. I still get angry thinking about the effort he put in while here.

Great stuff.

I went into the archives and read some match reports from 16/17. The scathing but totally justifiable criticisms of Coady and Doc are insane to read given the present day versions. I'd love to watch the reactions of a fan reading them who only started watching Wolves in 2018.

Haha, thought I'd take a stroll down memory lane too. This is from literally the first entry from the month I clicked on (Feb 2017, incredible times, I still remember facepalming through that awful game against Birmingham):

Conor Coady: It’s inconceivable really how someone can come through the Liverpool Academy and have so little footballing ability. Can’t control, pass or cross a ball whatsoever. Yeah, he’s not really a right back, but as a career midfielder you’d think he would be at least reasonably comfortable in possession (at least in theory, having watched him for 18 months I wouldn’t trust him with the ball any more than I’d trust Scooby Doo in my pantry). An absolute black hole of possession.

Matt Doherty: If you ever want a microcosm of Matt Doherty’s game then just watch the second Blues goal. Out of position to start with, he then ambles a full 30 yards, getting further and further away from the play and then they score. He is never in the right place. He cannot defend. Seriously, his defending is still League of Ireland level, six and a half years since we signed him from the League of Ireland. You could argue that it isn’t his fault that he’s totally shite, you could certainly say it isn’t his fault that he keeps getting picked. The attitude element is all on him and he’s an absolute disgrace. I must have said it two dozen times over the last three years but I’d be delighted if he never played for us again.

Crazy to think I absolutely love those two now. How times change.

Also, as an aside, just read the Crash Bang Wallop entry too - great post DW!

Good God, that Blues game. Zola won two games while he was their manager, that was one of them.

I did a review of the Sheff Wed game too (Lambo's first home game) and I was still furious about 16 hours after full time. Disgraceful.

That Wednesday game is possibly the worst game I have ever been to, made worse by sitting in the SB too. Just dreadful.

Huddersfield under Lambert was the worst in recent memory followed by that Barnsley game under Zenga. Atrocious stuff.

That made me laugh, always wondered how someone like greg became a pro.

Clubs like having a big lug, inexplicably.

FREDDY! FREDDY! FREDDY!

I've announced an amnesty on that brigade now, it's been 11-12 years. They have to admit their error though and we can all move on.

Back