• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Oscillating Wildly Thread

I've announced an amnesty on that brigade now, it's been 11-12 years. They have to admit their error though and we can all move on.
I will forgive everyone for chanting that except the tool at QPR away who started the chant when little Stephen missed a sitter....

And sorry but you are wrong on the Travelling Wilburys - they were much better than you are makinbg out.

They weren't, look at that squad and the results.

It's like Real Madrid beating say, Atletico Madrid and Valencia during a season but ultimately finishing 9th. Given what they had at their disposal, pound for pound, they were rubbish :)

Wasted ability is far worse than not being good enough. You can't pick yourself. And if you put the footballing equivalent of The Travelling Willburys together and they produced that gash you wouldn't be buying a season ticket

I will forgive everyone for chanting that except the tool at QPR away who started the chant when little Stephen missed a sitter....

I have absolutely no idea what you are on about...

*actually quietly relieved that incident didn’t make it into the main column*

I saw Freddy at a second-spell Southend game - nothing much had changed.

They weren't, look at that squad and the results.

It's like Real Madrid beating say, Atletico Madrid and Valencia during a season but ultimately finishing 9th. Given what they had at their disposal, pound for pound, they were rubbish :)

Think you are being a bit hard there - were they as good as they could have been given that lineup, probably not.

They weren't that bad though & Orbison's voice is still pure gold.

In my defence I did every game bar about three that season, home and away, so I was clearly blinded by the August performances. That Charlton game was a monster mental in the away end when the winner went in. Pretty sure Vis ended up about three rows in front. He’s normally so placid.

Travelling wilburys being not very good is laid squarely at Jeff Lynne,he has to make everything sound like ELO,he even did that to the Beatles free as a bird,but Bob Dylan gets a bit as well for being one of the most overrated musical artists ever imo

Travelling wilburys being not very good is laid squarely at Jeff Lynne,he has to make everything sound like ELO,he even did that to the Beatles free as a bird,but Bob Dylan gets a bit as well for being one of the most overrated musical artists ever imo

You clearly haven't heard Dylan's version of Must be Santa...
https://youtu.be/a8qE6WQmNus

Wolves had the Collymore, remember...

And he was bloody brilliant for 2-3 years.

Eastwood did waste his ability to a point but he wasn't actually particularly good. You can't get by on just having a decent shot every now and then once you get past the bottom two tiers. He'd never have been the answer for us, he wasn't a good enough player.

I saw Collymore play for Wolves away at Chasetown in pre season alongside Colin Taylor, they were the future. Can't validate them, so I'm not posting them but everyone of a certain age knows the rumours as to why we got rid of him

Bob Dylan gets a bit as well for being one of the most overrated musical artists ever imo

Ok I purposely ignored the twat the other day that said that Lennon and McCartney couldn't sing and I'm glad you put 'imo' at the end of that sentence as you are talking about one of the most influencial musicians of the last 60 years regardless of whether you like him or not ! The next person that comes out with something as stupid and I'm going to come down on them faster than Vio Ganea on a Romanian linesman .......OK

ps. I wont do anything really Im mid 30's, overweight and asthmatic :)

Ok I purposely ignored the twat the other day that said that Lennon and McCartney couldn't sing and I'm glad you put 'imo' at the end of that sentence as you are talking about one of the most influencial musicians of the last 60 years regardless of whether you like him or not ! The next person that comes out with something as stupid and I'm going to come down on them faster than Vio Ganea on a Romanian linesman .......OK

ps. I wont do anything really Im mid 30's, overweight and asthmatic :)
Twat says hi...they couldn't. Doesn't stop the music from being great, but don't pretend either had voices, they didn't

I know all the artists Dylan has influenced,I know he's a supposed genius lyricist,but I do think he's overrated,and sounds like an asthmatic who's just run up a flight of stairs,he's not for me.
That Santa record ain't bad I'll give you that

Wolves had the Collymore, remember...
Yes, met him a few times, not exactly genius material, he once tried explaining what a maul it was driving all the way to Nottingham for a two hour training session, I did feel sorry for him.

Yes, met him a few times, not exactly genius material, he once tried explaining what a maul it was driving all the way to Nottingham for a two hour training session, I did feel sorry for him.

I quite like Stan. He's a bit of a troubled soul and he's done some things that no-one would be happy to stick down in their personal scrapbook, but I think he's largely got his heart in the right place and he can actually be an ok broadcaster.

This game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESah1oO5SNs

He went off injured after about 25 minutes.

Thank God, we were 2-0 down and he was absolutely murdering us, we weren't on anything like the same level.

I used to love Mickey Stowell, but the more goals you randomly see from back then the more you think hmmm

I used to love Mickey Stowell, but the more goals you randomly see from back then the more you think hmmm

Aye, EP said this to me a few weeks ago.

I suppose you have to factor in that goalkeeping standards as a whole have leapt on in the last 25 years.

Back