• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Oscillating Wildly Thread

Yes, that and you only saw the goals at the ground and quickly on Central News on a Monday/Wednesday evening so they weren't deconstructed like they are now.

The wifes work mate lived across the road from Stan in Heath Hayes, regular screaming matches between him and his girlfriend at all hours.

Saw him for Liverpool, stunning, saw him at Villa if the ball went three feet either side of him he wasn't going to bother chasing it but in fairness I think the mental illness was setting in then.

Paul Jones wouldn't get past his Kidderminster days now, even lower league teams wouldn't tolerate someone who kicks like that.

The build of keepers has changed massively, they also let in far fewer shockers on the whole (unless you're someone with no arms like Roberto/Angus Gunn, I don't know what's going on there).

Transplant current day Rui back to 1994 or so and he'd be the best keeper in the world by quite some way.

Meh, always thought Stowell was overrated, England B cap an all. Not that I would have said that at the time, with Mickey Mickey Stowell in our goal.

Mickey was always beaten far too easily from long range if I recall.

Twat says hi...they couldn't. Doesn't stop the music from being great, but don't pretend either had voices, they didn't

Who has a good voice is a pointless argument, how do you judge it, Pavarotti, Celine Dion, Bon Scott, Tom Waites? All depends on taste, context etc.....I like all the above mentioned for different reasons (not Dion obviously) plus all the people in the above posts

I think you can listen objectively and decide whether someone has a good singing voice. Picking a Lennon track at random, Woman is not a technically good vocal performance, doesn't stop me from liking the record. Noel Gallagher can't sing, Ian Brown can't sing it doesn't mean I don't enjoy their music

For me the ability to sing is just being able to sing in tune and stay in key, the voice is just personal taste, doesn't matter whether its a clear, sweet sound or grunting, growling, whatever.

Clubs like having a big lug, inexplicably.
Ive been bigger than greg since I was 16 or so, never had a single club offering to sign me. There must be something there that fooled all those managers

Ive been bigger than greg since I was 16 or so, never had a single club offering to sign me. There must be something there that fooled all those managers

But could you throw the ball a long way and I mean a LONG way?

Glory days!

Episode 3 coming soon, one a day is too much for me to deal with at the moment, I've not been too well. But it'll all get done.

Tremendous that, Dan. Saiss's role in the team is vastly understated - a top player.

aye, good article that - I think Saiss is slowly being recognised as a really valuable team player, having him in the side gives us so many options, all 3 centre halfs/sweepers are able to spray passes out and it stops teams targetting Bennet like they used to last season by closing him down

Good article. Saiss has done fabulously this year - he’s still not a natural defender (if you look at the likes of Willy Boly, some of his defending is instinctive whereas Saiss and Donk have to think about what they’re gong to do), but he’s been really solid. Good in the air, good positioning and hard tackling, and his distribution is excellent.

He’s performed beyond my expectations this season and he’s been great.

Excellent article that, no need for the dig at Vallejo’s hair tho.

Saiss has been superb this season, especially considering he has had to change positions occasionally.

Excellent article that, no need for the dig at Vallejo’s hair tho.

It's pretty much the only thing in the world where I can talk from a position of strength.

Back