• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
Isn't those stats largely inflated by the numerous British managers appointed over and over and over again though?

Yeah, but that applies anywhere. The fact that for 13 straight years not one foreign manager achieved promotion is telling, there were plenty who were given a go in all kinds of differing circumstances. A 0% success rate is not encouraging over such a long timeframe.

Absolutely. With a PLC you have obviously multiple ownership and you are garnering votes. It would be a special resolution so you need 75% to pass it. Steve Morgan has 100%, every vote.

Cook isn't doing all that well at Pompey is he? I really liked how he had Chesterfield playing but Pompey's results don't seem that great whenever I've seen them pop on SSN or whatever.

3rd in the table. They finished 16th last season.

OK if that is the case I don't know what to suggest

Cook would have the fans behind him from the off, could be the unifying appointment that we require.

Whoever it is they'll need to get a tune out of the present lot, because with the club in limbo there won't be much money about in January.

Cooky would be an emotional pull as I loved him.as a Wolves player, big, big jump though and like Ince without the Wolves connection he wouldn't be talked about

You have to remember that a huge amount of our supporter base will never have seen Cook in a Wolves shirt. He left us 21 years ago*.

*God I feel old

Cooky would be an emotional pull as I loved him.as a Wolves player, big, big jump though and like Ince without the Wolves connection he wouldn't be talked about

That's my fear, he'd be a gamble and are we in a position go gamble at the minute?

I read an interview with Cook recently where it was said that he makes all the players walk round with a ball at their feet during the day as he believes that his players need to be in love with the ball and comfortable in controlling it

Absolutely. With a PLC you have obviously multiple ownership and you are garnering votes. It would be a special resolution so you need 75% to pass it. Steve Morgan has 100%, every vote.

So in Wolves situation the board have no real power at all, I suppose in the current situation they've probably been given the ability to make certain decisions without Morgan's input but anytime he wants to get involved all they can do is offer their opinion and hope they can lead him to the outcome they desire.

Seems a bit of a pointless endeavour!

3rd in the table. They finished 16th last season.

Didn't realise they were still that high in the table, I know they started very well but lately anytime I've seen their results it doesn't seem to have gone their way, I'd imagine they're budget isn't that great though with the fan ownership?

Didn't realise they were still that high in the table, I know they started very well but lately anytime I've seen their results it doesn't seem to have gone their way, I'd imagine they're budget isn't that great though with the fan ownership?

It's decent for L2 (given their gates are the biggest in the league by an absolute mile) but not lavish by any means and he inherited a complete mess of a squad. They haven't really seriously competed for promotion since they got relegated to that level so it's a major step up for them to be top three at this stage.

You have to remember that a huge amount of our supporter base will never have seen Cook in a Wolves shirt. He left us 21 years ago*.

*God I feel old

He left us as I came into this world then? Cool!

I wouldn't be too concerned about that. I never saw Kenny Hibbitt play, but enough people did to ensure he got an incredible reception when he came back with Bristol Rovers (not that I'm comparing Cook and Hibbitt as players, you know my thoughts on the former and his exalted status as a footballer ;) ). Enough of the supporter base remember Cooky and those who weren't around aren't so stupid as to dismiss anything that they personally didn't see with their own eyes. Even our fans aren't that stupid.

Cantona left United in 1997, so anyone under the age of 25 won't be really able to remember him. I bet you Man Utd fans under 25 still sing his song at Old Trafford.

The other thing about Cooky was he wasn't the most professional player in the world. I remember going to Tranmere away in the early 90's, I think we lost 4-3, he came off with a 'strain' and was in the Mersey Clipper with his mates before I was!

As is KJ.

It's only this season he's struggled to be fair, the rest of the time he's done a pretty steady job as he did at Millwall.

Didn't they do spectacularly badly at the end of his reign there though? Like, gained less points than Saunders' Wolves over the same period?

The other thing about Cooky was he wasn't the most professional player in the world. I remember going to Tranmere away in the early 90's, I think we lost 4-3, he came off with a 'strain' and was in the Mersey Clipper with his mates before I was!

Even 23 years ago the games moved on a lot. He had a bit of reputation of liking the source a bit to much back then.
Even still he performed better than most every Saturday.

It's only this season he's struggled to be fair, the rest of the time he's done a pretty steady job as he did at Millwall.

Didn't they do spectacularly badly at the end of his reign there though? Like, gained less points than Saunders' Wolves over the same period?

They were in the top 6 after beating us in the November and ended up needing something on the last day to stay up, in that bad run he lost 5-1 at home to Peterborough and lost to us with Saunders in charge.

Indeed, Jackett's 3rd season is his Achilles heel. Bad at Swansea, Millwall and now here. It really is his pattern; get promoted, do well following season, very poor 3rd.

Back