• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
Its an easy Goodbye Kenny Jackett from me because I feel the longer he is in charge the more likely we lurch from one disaster to another. I have felt for a very long time Kenny is tactically clueless and with his now befuddled team selections Wolves are only going one way.
I want a manager who has creativity as his core belief because I see that as a way of developing young talent. At the moment far to much talent is stagnating and going backwards in development.
Get rid before even more damage is done to our playing staff.

Not a chance we will do that though.

A team in limbo with little to no money to spend, a confused transfer policy now Morgan has gone into hiding with his new lady. We bin Jackett and we are left with putting someone like Sellars in temp charge for the season or bringing in someone from the desperate for a job list.

Moxey won't fire KJ anyway. If Morgan's new man on the board wants to, it will create a massive issue on the board side of things. This season is a write off and we are going to bounce between looking not good enough for league 2 and a decent Championship team. We won't go down and we won't worry the teams in the top 6.

I didn't really want to comment but this is as near to where I am on the current situation.

Unfortunately its 1 bad performance from time to go, all the problems we have this year apart from Dicko's injury have been self inflicted, we knew in the summer of 2014 that Sako would go unless we went up.
I am sure the Morgan, Moxey, Threadwell have some of the blame but KJ is the front man and he carries the can.

With regards to sorting out the board first, well as our neighbours have shown it could 2 years before we get someone willing to buy, we cant wait that long. Plus we are more likely to attract a new owner if they see we are progressing young team which hopefully we may under a new manager (not for definate granted) rather then a club sitting in limbo, knocking about in the middle/bottom 3rd of the championship for a couple of years with attendances down around the 15,000 mark.

I feel guilty voting for this but I'm afraid it's reaching the end of Jackett's reign. I've never felt so unsure from week to week who is going to play or where they are going to play in the match day squad, and have been absolutely baffled by the sub's made during matches or lack of at times. It really seems as if Kenny does not know who is his best personnel for the job from match to match, or how to effect matches when things are not going to plan. There are issues off the field such as the limbo over the change of owner, strange transfer policy which has now and only now added some much needed experience required before the season started, but ultimately the team selection (injuries aside) and tactics comes down to the manager.

Also it seems at times as if Kenny goes out of his way not to play some of the signings, were they forced on him or does he just not rate players such as Wallace who can't even make the squad now, Graham who has been pulled off a progressive loan spell which feels a bit like how Mcalinden was last season just to sit on the bench why? Initially Bryne who could seem to do not right to begin with and not even get a start has only just started getting a chance while Kenny tried every weird combination possibly on the wings. Jacobs one of our best players in the league 1 season not even given a fair chance the following season, just wheeled on for a thrashing at Derby and used very little otherwise gone, and Ikeme that situation was created and overseen by Jackett. I can't see anything happening in the immediate future unless the poor run continues to the point where we are in the bottom three come January. I hope Kenny can turn it around but I do feel he is currently the master of his own downfall, and that's the really sad bit for me.

IN

Doesn't mean I'm not gravely concerned that the season is close to being a write-off, which will result Afobe will be sold in January (for cut-price no less) and Jackett will walk at the season's end.

Somehow we're still only seven points off the play-offs :confused:

Last season was the pinnacle for Jackett, he will never improve on that.

I worry more about Iorfa departing in January than Benik.

We had a style of play last season that was exciting and effective. Ok the loss of Sako ,although known well in advcance was a blow, as is the loss of Dicko, but neither was enough to necessitate a total change of style of play, shoehorning Edwards in anywhere and everywhere, and virtually abusing Price by using him as a scapegoat.

If we are going to play 4 2 3 1, what's wrong with a two of Coady with a brief to get forward when he can, and Price and a 3 with Macdonald in the centre and a choice of Henry ,Ojo, Byrne, Wallace, or even Graham on the flanks.

Plot lost, clutching at straws, and time for KJ to go.

We spent a year knowing Sako was going. Our brilliant recruiters identified a perfect replacement who didn't even play left wing. Saying that, it is no explanation for KJ purchasing 437 central midfielders that we don't need over his time in charge. It was the same again this summer with the signing of Coady. Good player, but that money needed to be spent elsewhere.

When chants of 'you don't know what you're doing' start ringing out, things need to change quickly else time is up.

When chants of 'you don't know what you're doing' start ringing out, things need to change quickly else time is up.

That's why it's always best to sign that contract extension when the chants are, 'xy, xy, give us a wave'.

I worry more about Iorfa departing in January than Benik.

We had a style of play last season that was exciting and effective. Ok the loss of Sako ,although known well in advcance was a blow, as is the loss of Dicko, but neither was enough to necessitate a total change of style of play, shoehorning Edwards in anywhere and everywhere, and virtually abusing Price by using him as a scapegoat.

If we are going to play 4 2 3 1, what's wrong with a two of Coady with a brief to get forward when he can, and Price and a 3 with Macdonald in the centre and a choice of Henry ,Ojo, Byrne, Wallace, or even Graham on the flanks.

Plot lost, clutching at straws, and time for KJ to go.

This is it for me - He has several players here that would walk into most, if not all, Championship teams straight away yet he MANAGES to play them in a style that brings the worst out of them (see Benik Afobe) as individuals and worse still as a team.

Im being serious. Villa is a deadwood job, he done great till then.

There's absolutely no reason with the right manager in place why Villa should not sit comfortably in Premier league mid table mediocrity.

I feel guilty voting for this but I'm afraid it's reaching the end of Jackett's reign. I've never felt so unsure from week to week who is going to play or where they are going to play in the match day squad, and have been absolutely baffled by the sub's made during matches or lack of at times. It really seems as if Kenny does not know who is his best personnel for the job from match to match, or how to effect matches when things are not going to plan. There are issues off the field such as the limbo over the change of owner, strange transfer policy which has now and only now added some much needed experience required before the season started, but ultimately the team selection (injuries aside) and tactics comes down to the manager.

Also it seems at times as if Kenny goes out of his way not to play some of the signings, were they forced on him or does he just not rate players such as Wallace who can't even make the squad now, Graham who has been pulled off a progressive loan spell which feels a bit like how Mcalinden was last season just to sit on the bench why? Initially Bryne who could seem to do not right to begin with and not even get a start has only just started getting a chance while Kenny tried every weird combination possibly on the wings. Jacobs one of our best players in the league 1 season not even given a fair chance the following season, just wheeled on for a thrashing at Derby and used very little otherwise gone, and Ikeme that situation was created and overseen by Jackett. I can't see anything happening in the immediate future unless the poor run continues to the point where we are in the bottom three come January. I hope Kenny can turn it around but I do feel he is currently the master of his own downfall, and that's the really sad bit for me.

Good post which more or less sums up my feelings too.

As a man, I really like KJ. I want him to succeed and I want to see him managing us in the Premier League. But that is a million miles away at the moment and if one isolated incident could sum the recent months up - it's last night when you have Ojo, a man who came off the bench and scored at the weekend, available and ready to come on; but instead you bring on Matt Doherty. 1-0 down against Bristol City. Chasing the game. I know it's only one incident, but it summaries how I feel things have been going recently.

Too many false dawns. I understand why there are people saying "give him more time". I'm half in this camp and half in the "times up" camp - but for every good performance this season, there have been 3-4-sometimes 5 bad performances to follow, and that's not good enough.

I have never been overly impressed by Jackett. Winning league one with out resources at the time was the minimum expectation which he achieved. Last season was decent enough but not without significant faults, not least the failure to secure a decent forward until we got Afobe. His pre and post match interviews are bland - he knows if he saves his best for the players but he comes across as uninspiring.

For me, he was probably the right man at the right time but that time has gone. He should go.

Back