• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
Even 23 years ago the games moved on a lot. He had a bit of reputation of liking the source a bit to much back then.
Even still he performed better than most every Saturday.

From reading the Chesterfield forum the other week, it seems he is still fond of it, a few "incidents" were mentioned.

Mind you same as his playing days doesnt seem to be doing his managerial career much harm so far, reports of his Chesterfield team were encouraging and in the the hoofball League of Ireland he had Sligo (and especially when you consider the quality of players) playing some good attractive stuff

Bring in "Big Game" Bob Bradley!

I have not voted yet. My inclination is that his time is up but the viable alternative from the lower leagues is not there at the moment.We do need someone who has the track record. Pearson is a nutter but he has led a side to the premier league and kept them there. His work at the King Power should not be underestimated. He is also a good spot of potential and tries to get a team playing to their strengths. Ranieri said as much by keeping his back room staff. However does bringing in Pearson or someone else improve the team now? SM leaving few funds available means for stability if KJ can keep us around mid table then he would be safe. Its a shit situation for us to be in. I was not anticipating this when last season finished. So in short if the club is going to fund a new manager with 10 million in January and next summer then change now. If not I see no alternative but to stick and pray we survive, all the time hoping for Kenny to turn it completely around on a shoestring.

I will vote in- but the proviso is the new owner situation. If one is identified soon that could be a changer for this season.. If and when that happens I think KJ will be toast unless he performs miracles in the coming weeks.

Very disappointing that it has come to this. When we beat Burnley everyone will be saying how good we are again, just like they did last Saturday.

KJ to stay for me, but the club must sort out the bigger issues regarding ownership of the club otherwise we will end up as a championship version of Aston Villa.

Very disappointing that it has come to this. When we beat Burnley everyone will be saying how good we are again, just like they did last Saturday.

KJ to stay for me, but the club must sort out the bigger issues regarding ownership of the club otherwise we will end up as a championship version of Aston Villa.

sorry Frank not all of us said that at all. He has lost the plot, and if the plan B i suggested was missing from his repertoire, was last night's second half hotch potch, then it is missing indeed.

From what I heard about Cooky when I worked in Chesterfield I think his liking of a drink has a got a bit too much.

Might get away with it at a smaller club, but I don't think that type of behaviour would suit wolves.

Frank its the topsy turvey 1 good game three poor , beat a good side lose to a side in the bottom 5 , lead 2-0 lose 3-2 that is what is causing all this frustration. This is because you see hope then see it ripped away with a debacle like last night. The blame is on the players and the manager. He sends them out.He decides the system. His decisions have got worse and worse bar tactical nouse v Blues. We wont end up a championship version of Villa. We will end up a league one version of Villa at this rate . But I cant see past the ownership issue and therefore our top management team being sorted only with a new owner.

You have to remember that a huge amount of our supporter base will never have seen Cook in a Wolves shirt. He left us 21 years ago*.

*God I feel old

You make people feel even older with remarks like that when the person in question is a year younger than you :(

I don't want KJ to go but the reasons don't include a lack of an alternative as that's not really a positive attribute about KJ, just an external influence that has nothing really to do with him.

Although I actually appreciate and understand the opposing point of view, I can't help but think there is a certain lack of respect being shown to Jackett at the moment. Without wishing to sound like Frank, he deserves more time and an opportunity to turn this around. I think he has demonstrated that he's capable of playing good, attractive attacking football. Right now, it's just not clicking into place but I want to see him giving the chance to rebuild so it does.

He has had a third of a season and still doesn't know the formation. Blues looks like the aberration rather than KJ turning it all around. Last night was an absolute nadir. If KJ stays to "turn it around" all the evidence suggests it will simply get a lot worse.

I've never been a huge fan of Jackett - I remember games in League One who has was out-thought by the managers of Crawley and Swindon and we only won because theri forwards couldn't score from 4 yards. My worry when he appointed Gallen as assistant was that we'd simply be an upmarket Millwall. As I've said many times on this forum, managers do not, as a general rule, get more flexible and forward thinking once they pass 50 and I don't see Jackett as an exception to that.
He's clearly not getting the best out of the players, his tactics have become a shambles, and how many players are currently wondering what the hell they're doing at Wolves? Ikeme, Price, Wallace, Byrne, Afobe, maybe jordan Graham... His man management this season has been pathetic.
And then last night he plays 3-5-1-1 with Grant Holt in the hole. We had Afobe, Byrne, Henry, Edwards who could have done it but he chose Grant Holt. Grant Holt... How can you possibly vote for him to stay?

Against Boro. Chasing that game. Iorfa gets a knock and he brings on Doherty and leaves Byrne on the bench.

Last night takes Byrne off. Invents a rancid new wing back system. Then brings Doherty on to try and revert back when it clearly doesn't work. That burnt our last substitution and left Ojo on the bench.

Dreadful. And I can't see it changing. We have to find a viable alternative and bite the bullet quickly. It is going to be poison against Burnley and quite rightly too. The away fans sound like they have started to turn and there is little way back from that.

We have to find a viable alternative

Not a chance we will do that though.

A team in limbo with little to no money to spend, a confused transfer policy now Morgan has gone into hiding with his new lady. We bin Jackett and we are left with putting someone like Sellars in temp charge for the season or bringing in someone from the desperate for a job list.

Moxey won't fire KJ anyway. If Morgan's new man on the board wants to, it will create a massive issue on the board side of things. This season is a write off and we are going to bounce between looking not good enough for league 2 and a decent Championship team. We won't go down and we won't worry the teams in the top 6.

Having slept on it, I've gone for in more because I want him to turn it around than I believe he will- but if there were a last chance saloon option I'd have gone for that. A poor team selection, with poor performance and result again on Saturday and I'm in the Out camp. Timing would be good with an International Break to get someone in who then has a couple of months to analyse what he has before the Transfer Window opens - although I'd expect any Budget to be limited. As I said last night though we are 8 points from relegation with the bottom 3 all poor. I think that would need to be down to 2/3 points before the Board would seriously consider getting rid.

Although I actually appreciate and understand the opposing point of view, I can't help but think there is a certain lack of respect being shown to Jackett at the moment. Without wishing to sound like Frank, he deserves more time and an opportunity to turn this around. I think he has demonstrated that he's capable of playing good, attractive attacking football. Right now, it's just not clicking into place but I want to see him giving the chance to rebuild so it does.

Voted in. Also agree with the above.

One shite decision (last night's formation shenanigans) does not make KJ a Saundersesque clown. Various things haven't gone well this season, of course, but KJ isn't clueless. I still think he'll 'turn it around' somewhat, as he has done in the past when we've had periods of looking terrible.

Dreadful. And I can't see it changing.

But we played well and won less than a week ago!

There have been far too many lacklustre performances and disappointing results but it hasn't been wall to wall awful throughout the season. Just dreadfully inconsistent. That's the most frustrating thing about it for me.

Voted in. Also agree with the above.

One shite decision (last night's formation shenanigans) does not make KJ a Saundersesque clown. Various things haven't gone well this season, of course, but KJ isn't clueless. I still think he'll 'turn it around' somewhat, as he has done in the past when we've had periods of looking terrible.

One shite decision? He's made an abundance of them this season.

We're an absolute state. Time to go.

One shite decision? He's made an abundance of them this season.

We're an absolute state. Time to go.

I'm not saying he hasn't made other dodgy decisions. Poorly worded on my part, but mentioned that one shite decision in particular as that's the one that is getting a lot of focus. Questionable decisions aside, my point was he still isn't a useless clown and is a manager I believe can get things back on track.

I think the "lost the plot, lost our identity, baffling subs, no game plan, recruitment, team selection" arguments against are more convincing than the "give him time, he deserves another chance, he's a nice guy" arguments for him to stay.

I think his time is up. I wouldn't worry about Stevie not being on the board at the moment as when he's had an active involvement with manager appointments, it's been a disaster. Leave it to Jez!

I have voted for him to stay...but to be fair this is because I think the ownership of the club needs to be sorted before the manager.

I am not one to support getting rid of managers after a few bad results but his team selections, substitutions and general confusion about tactics at the moment really worries me.

It's like he is a different man from last year. Last season he spoke sense - this year it seems he has had a brain transplant.

He does worry me.

Back