• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
Clearly someone else in the club is as embarrassed about tonight as the rest of us as this match doesn't appear in the fixture list on the Wolves main site any more!

He owns the whole fucking thing. Until he sells, he can do what he wants.

Take a breath man, i'm asking the question is all.

Just seems a little underhanded that someone can do so much to distance himself from the position of power, owning the club through some holding company rather than directly, stepping down from the board, etc. yet still retain such power over the decisions should he want to. I thought the whole idea of him stepping down from the board was that he was entrusting others with the responsibility of running the show in his absense, handing Moxey the seat at the top of the table in doing so, I figured in that situation his only input would be by proxy, a word in the ear of Moxey and this new Bridgemere bloke.

Rowett is my pick btw. On an absolute pittance at Blues, hamstrung by their financial position - for all that our medium term future is up in the air, we're still able to go and sign the likes of Williamson and the human barrel on loan - getting ridiculous results out of a really poor squad, put us up man for man against them and we come out on top in virtually every department. They're above us in the league at the moment but swap managers for six games and I bet that wouldn't still be the case.

I like Kenny but I really would like a manager which focuses more on creativity and offensive play to get to the Prem..of course I want a good defence but as I have said before attacking play is the way forward in the champs

Problem is I can see Rowett holding out for a decent offer from a PL club when it comes.
We are completely rudderless with the current situation, what is the plan whilst we are for sale is it just to exist and survive until we're bought out?
Saturday game could become a very poisonous atmosphere very quickly.

Out for me, i've never been his biggest fan because tactically i just don't think he has what it takes. I've said before M and M got a lot of stick but i'm still not sure how much of it is actually on Jackett and Thelwell and M and M are the easier ones to blame. I'm one of those who know we had a team far too good for league 1 and we should have been smashing it and we had the squad last year to go straight up but KJ cocked it right up. I'd like Rowett even after Saturday, (don't think he would come) Dean Smith from Walsall but not a chance he would come here either. Pearson is a fucking nutjob but he would do an ok job and then i'd be looking at Jimmy Floyd. He looks like he has settled in to management.

Millwall fans did warn us this could happen, and there very very correct in their assumptions.

A no to Pearson from me, too much of a headcase. A deeply strange man.

JFH or Cook would be the two I'd look at from the lower leagues.

Take a breath man, i'm asking the question is all.

Just seems a little underhanded that someone can do so much to distance himself from the position of power, owning the club through some holding company rather than directly, stepping down from the board, etc. yet still retain such power over the decisions should he want to. I thought the whole idea of him stepping down from the board was that he was entrusting others with the responsibility of running the show in his absense, handing Moxey the seat at the top of the table in doing so, I figured in that situation his only input would be by proxy, a word in the ear of Moxey and this new Bridgemere bloke.

Sorry if I sound a little abrasive! The simple fact is, as a 100% owner he can basically do everything and anything he wishes. All the other arrangements are frankly window-dressing.

Always this circus..Brittish managers circling around in different clubs..why doesn't it change..apart from the PL...(don't give me the Staale thing now boys)

Always this circus..Brittish managers circling around in different clubs..why doesn't it change..apart from the PL...(don't give me the Staale thing now boys)

By and large foreign managers just do not suit this level (not counting ex-players who have spent years over here before they moved into management, eg Hasselbaink). Before Jokanovic last season I think the last foreigner to get a team promoted was Tigana in 2001.

There's a difference between wanting to avoid a proven, multiple failure like McLeish, Pearce, Jewell etc and appointing an exciting homegrown manager.

Isn't those stats largely inflated by the numerous British managers appointed over and over and over again though?

A friend of mine from Derbyshire goes to watch Chesterfield and he as told me that when Cookey was manager they played good football, and he wasn't surprised when he went to Portsmouth.

A no to Pearson from me, too much of a headcase. A deeply strange man.

JFH or Cook would be the two I'd look at from the lower leagues.

Cook isn't doing all that well at Pompey is he? I really liked how he had Chesterfield playing but Pompey's results don't seem that great whenever I've seen them pop on SSN or whatever.

Sorry if I sound a little abrasive! The simple fact is, as a 100% owner he can basically do everything and anything he wishes. All the other arrangements are frankly window-dressing.

Makes his decision to step from the board all the more perplexing, if it makes no difference to the level of power he holds then all it does is give the impression that he no longer gives a fuck, hardly a fantastic PR on top of what is already worrying news for supporters.

Would the coup to remove the head honcho be more of a PLC board move then?

Out for me, i've never been his biggest fan because tactically i just don't think he has what it takes. I've said before M and M got a lot of stick but i'm still not sure how much of it is actually on Jackett and Thelwell and M and M are the easier ones to blame. I'm one of those who know we had a team far too good for league 1 and we should have been smashing it and we had the squad last year to go straight up but KJ cocked it right up. I'd like Rowett even after Saturday, (don't think he would come) Dean Smith from Walsall but not a chance he would come here either. Pearson is a $#@!ing nutjob but he would do an ok job and then i'd be looking at Jimmy Floyd. He looks like he has settled in to management.
I think Smith would drive the 529 bus himself to be our new manager....don't think we'd offer it him though.

Back