• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
I'd take Pearson. Bit weird but he'd take no shit and his CV is immeasurably better than KJs

We stayed with McCarthy until it was too late, I suppose we cant make the same mistake again. Loyalty and hope doesn't win games, but regarding Pearson there's no chance with Morgan hiding away in his Liverpool cubby hole to scared to view the world. How much would Kenny's pay off be. ?

Going by tonight's events, I reckon he'd be happy with a bag of magic mushrooms.

If Ince had never played for us then he wouldn't even warrant a passing mention given that he's failed at Notts County and Blackpool in his last two jobs. He has an absymal work ethic, turns up three days a week if you're lucky, does no scouting or match preparation, pays no heed to sports science etc. Plus he didn't endear himself to Moxey post-Hoddle. That's one that I'm 99.99999% sure won't even enter the equation.

Plus he's cockeyed, he'll be telling Afobe to work harder whilst looking at Kevin McDonald.

I tittering on the edge but ticked in just, the same on Saturday will probably tip me over the edge.
That half time tear up of the formation that we've never played before was baffling.
4 defeats in 5 and at least two of them are on KJ head.
We weren't being overrun or played at half time, it needed tweaking not an overhaul.
Reality is unless we get dragged closer to the bottom three I think KJ will remain until the end of the season.
Based on some of our recent performances I'm far more worried what's going on behind us as opposed to above us.

We stayed with McCarthy until it was too late, I suppose we cant make the same mistake again. Loyalty and hope doesn't win games, but regarding Pearson there's no chance with Morgan hiding away in his Liverpool cubby hole to scared to view the world. How much would Kenny's pay off be. ?

Whatever his annual salary is. He has one year left on his contract every day.

If we can afford to pay Matt Doherty until 2019 for his special brand of League of Ireland standard full back play (protecting against the looming interest from Bayern and PSG) then we can afford to pay the manager off.

If Ince had never played for us then he wouldn't even warrant a passing mention given that he's failed at Notts County and Blackpool in his last two jobs. He has an absymal work ethic, turns up three days a week if you're lucky, does no scouting or match preparation, pays no heed to sports science etc. Plus he didn't endear himself to Moxey post-Hoddle. That's one that I'm 99.99999% sure won't even enter the equation.

It wasn't an option I was advocating

Isn't Moxey in a more senior position as a sort of de facto Chairman at the moment? Would it not take a return from Big Steve to kick him out or at least a word from him into the ears of the board to give some sort of vote of no confidence?

Nope. Steve Morgan owns the club. If he tells Moxey to do one, then Moxey is done, no matter the current arrangements. No need for a vote of no confidence at all.

Not sure about Pearson, yes he did well with Leicester but just get the feeling he's an axe wielding serial killer on the side............still if he gets us up...

We'd probably end up with Paul Lambert.

Not going to vote yet as not been around this evening, but comments made are more than just worrying. Weird substitutions & formations are not the mark of a manager in control.

Kenny I assume is on a rolling one year contract which all previous ones were on, but financial cost of pay off shouldn't be a factor

I would like to know who makes what decisions behind the scenes before fully committing to the out camp:
Who spent all our transfer budget on Coady?
Who sold Stearman?
Who signed Byrne/Saville/Rowe/Wallace
If the answer to the above is KJ then go, not so sure it is though.....
But he is rhombus man, the man that hideously indulges Afobe to the degree he seems to have disappeared up his own arse, plays Edwards somewhere - anywhere to get him on the pitch and is naturally defensive rather than offensive. As I said on the verdict thread, I would definitely be making discreet enquiries elsewhere.

We'd probably end up with Paul Lambert.

He was AWFUL at Villa and he went out of his way to play some appalling football, however he was excellent at Norwich and that team played some great stuff. Hard to believe it was the same bloke managing both clubs. Strange one.

It wasn't an option I was advocating

Of course, but I'm saying it's not even remotely likely, let alone palatable.

Nope. Steve Morgan owns the club. If he tells Moxey to do one, then Moxey is done, no matter the current arrangements. No need for a vote of no confidence at all.

Even though he's stepped down from the board? I suppose it's still his property at the end of the day but seems like it's asking for trouble if he can effectively walk away from the running of the club but still jump back in for such an important decision if he saw fit, having his pie and eating it to an extent.

the players themselves must wonder what the fuck he's playing at with his weird formations and subs.

In - what quality manager is going to come here not knowing who he'll be working for? If you could guarantee me Rowett then fair enough, but it's not going to happen.

Turn it around kj, the goodwill is quickly running out.

Freedman & Lennon will both be out of work shortly. Both managers are better than their current clubs records.

Gary Rowett? Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink? Derek McInnes?

One year's salary is the pay off. It really isn't that complex. Say that is a million quid (which is probably generous) - a lot less than we gave O'Hara to go away.

In fairness to Lambert every manager looks shit at Villa because they are shit

Back