• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The official TWF Kenny Jackett IN/OUT thread

IN or OUT

• Total voters
I am speechless..almost, I really like Jackett and think he's done a fantastic job since his appointment but the last few games have had some strange team selections/tactics and the signing of Holt, the subs tonight make me doubt him for the first time, however if he is sacked soon I fear for the short term future of our club. Who realistically can we get in, Sherwood? doubtful and not sure if he's any good anyway, would Cook come back here? I am really at a loss to know whats for the best.

Even if we manage to stage a bit of a comeback and finish in a respectable position he's completely lost me. I just don't rate him as a manager and that feeling has been brewing for quite a while now.

+1

I feel bad about feeling that way. I want KJ to go now so I can remember the first two campaigns, and some brilliant moments, rather than carrying on and running the risk of him dumping us back where we were and destroying any last vestiges of good will I have left.

we're told that the Polish winger we'd been looking at for months actually plays on the right so we abort plans to sign him.

SUCH a strange explanation given KJ's propensity for playing players out of position.

Gonna wait till I see what Burnley do to us on Saturday first. I must say though that how can the same manager who had us playing an exciting, attacking formation last season allow things to plummet to the absolute dross of tonight? We only needed to replace one player at the start of the season before improving the squad and he failed miserably

I am speechless..almost, I really like Jackett and think he's done a fantastic job since his appointment but the last few games have had some strange team selections/tactics and the signing of Holt, the subs tonight make me doubt him for the first time, however if he is sacked soon I fear for the short term future of our club. Who realistically can we get in, Sherwood? doubtful and not sure if he's any good anyway, would Cook come back here? I am really at a loss to know whats for the best.

Sherwood is a fucking clown. I would absolutely prefer to keep KJ.

We could, of course, appoint someone even worse (Sherwood would be in that bracket) but then there are people at the football club tasked to make sure we don't make a terrible appointment. Jackett can't keep his job on the basis there are worse managers out there, that's no defence.

Lack of a viable replacement leads me to say in for now.

I suspect there's more going on behind the scenes than any of us realise

However stop with the fucking about. 352?

+1

I feel bad about feeling that way. I want KJ to go now so I can remember the first two campaigns, and some brilliant moments, rather than carrying on and running the risk of him dumping us back where we were and destroying any last vestiges of good will I have left.

Exactly. There's a very real chance of us being relegated now,the manager has lost the plot and I don't have faith in about half the squad at the minute.

who was the guy in the championship who was told he'd be sacked at the end of the season even if the team got promotion - Mark ?
if not Pearson

Mr Bridgemere director.

Isn't Moxey in a more senior position as a sort of de facto Chairman at the moment? Would it not take a return from Big Steve to kick him out or at least a word from him into the ears of the board to give some sort of vote of no confidence?

If Ince had never played for us then he wouldn't even warrant a passing mention given that he's failed at Notts County and Blackpool in his last two jobs. He has an absymal work ethic, turns up three days a week if you're lucky, does no scouting or match preparation, pays no heed to sports science etc. Plus he didn't endear himself to Moxey post-Hoddle. That's one that I'm 99.99999% sure won't even enter the equation.

who was the guy in the championship who was told he'd be sacked at the end of the season even if the team got promotion - Mark ?
if not Pearson

Warburton, occupado North of the border.

It could solve the'Doherty' problem.

We stayed with McCarthy until it was too late, I suppose we cant make the same mistake again. Loyalty and hope doesn't win games, but regarding Pearson there's no chance with Morgan hiding away in his Liverpool cubby hole to scared to view the world. How much would Kenny's pay off be. ?

Back