• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

My parents never had HBO, so I missed tons of shows from that era “as they happened”. For ages I thought it was so bizarre that Ed Woods had never done anything after RtT!
You should apply for the job as UK Prime Minister

Nothing serious, but I'm setting up a weekly competition on Draft Kings if anyone wants to join? It is just so my brother and I can see who is the best! 😁

Just need your Draft King user name but it's just a bit of fun...

It's going working, she's going to be there tonight apparently

Think Kelce is likely to retire after this season anyway. Aging out quickly and he’s got that podcast bag now. Plus he’ll be in commercials forever, I’d guess.💰

I thought Kelce had lost a step last year, but he still has an unbelievable ability to just find holes in the defense. Most of the time you end up thinking "How have you not covered Travis Kelce"? But he's maybe the best ever at finding space and making himself available for the QB. However, I think he may look more in decline physically this year.

Prediction Time
AFC
East Jets
North Bengals
South Texans
West Chiefs
Play offs Ravens, Bills, Chargers
Title Bengals v Chiefs

NFC
East Eagles
North Bears
South Falcons
West 49ers
Play offs Rams, Packers, Lions
Title Rams v Packers

SB Bengals

I thought Kelce had lost a step last year, but he still has an unbelievable ability to just find holes in the defense. Most of the time you end up thinking "How have you not covered Travis Kelce"? But he's maybe the best ever at finding space and making himself available for the QB. However, I think he may look more in decline physically this year.
I think Reid deserves some credit for this, too; pretty known by now that Kelce has been given license to essentially call his own audibles. Don’t know how many coaches would trust a (non-QB) player that much, even one as dominant as Kelce.

Prediction Time
AFC
East Jets
North Bengals
South Texans
West Chiefs
Play offs Ravens, Bills, Chargers
Title Bengals v Chiefs

NFC
East Eagles
North Bears
South Falcons
West 49ers
Play offs Rams, Packers, Lions
Title Rams v Packers

SB Bengals
Buying the Love hype, then?

I think Reid deserves some credit for this, too; pretty known by now that Kelce has been given license to essentially call his own audibles. Don’t know how many coaches would trust a (non-QB) player that much, even one as dominant as Kelce.
He does that thing now that aging elite players in any sport do, which is the ability to step it up when it really matters and go through the motions when it doesn't. I think he'll retire the first season they don't win the SB. Rumour was the brothers were going to do it together until he won it

Buying the Love hype, then?
I think so, you wouldn't want to pick them in fantasy but he has such a deep set of WRs, good RB, OK TE, reasonable line. I had them beating the Eagles at the Linc in the play offs. I think the Bears will be the surprise team with Williams having the sort of impact this year that Stroud did last and the North being the league in the NFC that sends 3 teams to the plays offs.

Last edited:
I fear that Williams (and probably a lot of first round QBs over the next five-ten years) is going to be compared to Stroud if he’s good. Which is unfair as hell; we may not get another rookie QB season like Stroud just posted for two decades.

I’m high on Williams tho; it may not really mean much but seems telling that he’s immediately been made a team captain.

Predictions:

AFC
East: Bills
North: Ravens
South: Texans
West: Chiefs
Play offs Bengals, Dolphins, Chargers
Title Texans v Chiefs

NFC
East: Eagles
North: Lions
South: Saints
West: 49ers
Play offs Rams, Packers, Cowboys
Title 49ers v Packers

SB: Chiefs

Chiefs got very lucky last night. The tightest of tight margins.

Jackson surprisingly not putting the ball on the money was a surprise to me.

Worthy has some wheels and Henry really is a king.

I was up with the baby last night so caught the 4th quarter, really enjoyable and so unlucky for the Ravens in the end

I've left Worthy on my fantasy bench for Scary Terry. The frustration has started.

Back