• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Is this any good?
Can't give an outright straight answer as I've only watched the first episode. Because I'm on nights I saw it on YouTube rather than via podcast so difficult to compare vs ATN. The first 45 minutes were covering what happened during tbe Summer, basically they binned Dan for being a bit of a rabble rouser, Marc supported him and Gregg scabbed. After that it seemed a bit stunted, but that might well be because I was watching visually, stuff you wouldn't pick up on a pod. They have a guest every episode who hopefully will play the straightman otherwise it'll be a bit too bantz heavy. I'll definitely do episode 2, which I didn't do with NFL Daily.

Perhaps sanitised is a better word. For example there's credible reporting that Adams was properly losing his shit when McDermott was HC, calling him out for being useless and saying he wanted out, none of that was shown or more than mildly hinted at.
Sanitised definitely. Not like the NFL to take the fun out of it!

Equanimeous St. Brown has just added himself to the Greatest Sports Names list.

Amon-Ra was one of the featured WR on receiver and their dad was fairly prominent as a result.

My reading of it was that he was a colossal bellend (hence his sons ludicrous first names) and the fact he'd just decided to add the St to their surnames seemed to enforce this, as his last name is just Brown.

Yeah I mentioned earlier on the thread that the only 2 people on the series who illicit any kind of emotion towards them were him and Kittle for opposite reasons. I also enjoyed Mrs Kittle's diva strop when they lost the SB.

A bit of a feelgood story in Buffalo. If you've ever seen the film Invincible, there's a similar thing going on. Kid who was tailgating at a Bills game 2 years ago with a Matt Milano jersey on, will be on the 53 man roster after coming through a rookie local tryout. Not even an undrafted free agent, basically a 'come and make up the numbers at rookie minicamp'. Then after being asked to come to training camp, he started at MLB against the Steelers and was brilliant, and was kept on the 53 man roster ahead of former pro-bowler Deon Jones. Joe Andreessen, living the NFL fans dream.

A bit of a feelgood story in Buffalo. If you've ever seen the film Invincible, there's a similar thing going on. Kid who was tailgating at a Bills game 2 years ago with a Matt Milano jersey on, will be on the 53 man roster after coming through a rookie local tryout. Not even an undrafted free agent, basically a 'come and make up the numbers at rookie minicamp'. Then after being asked to come to training camp, he started at MLB against the Steelers and was brilliant, and was kept on the 53 man roster ahead of former pro-bowler Deon Jones. Joe Andreessen, living the NFL fans dream.
About the only thing factually correct in that film are the names

Yeah, I enjoyed it. The best American Football films though, are Remember the Titans, Any Given Sunday and Friday Night Lights. Even Sandra Bullock can't save The Blindside from being shit.

Remember the Titans is one of the quintessential American sports films. It’s still a bit Disney-polished (if you watch interviews with the IRL Yoast and Boone, the energy is wildly off, and the racial violence is a bit softened), but it’s such a remarkable work in capturing that moment in America.

That film is in my fucking blood. God it’s so good.

Yeah, I enjoyed it. The best American Football films though, are Remember the Titans, Any Given Sunday and Friday Night Lights. Even Sandra Bullock can't save The Blindside from being shit.
I have no idea how they fucked the Blind Side up so badly.

It's a fantastic book.

Remember the Titans is one of the quintessential American sports films. It’s still a bit Disney-polished (if you watch interviews with the IRL Yoast and Boone, the energy is wildly off, and the racial violence is a bit softened), but it’s such a remarkable work in capturing that moment in America.

That film is in my fucking blood. God it’s so good.
It's amazing. Denzel Washington is superb in it.

I should amend it to Southern America. The North had issues of its own, but not of the same… I don’t know the word.

Cultures are different and whatnot.

And the (at the time) young actor who went on to play Avon Barksdale in The Wire!
My parents never had HBO, so I missed tons of shows from that era “as they happened”. For ages I thought it was so bizarre that Ed Woods had never done anything after RtT!

Niners finally getting Brandon Aiyuk tied up to a new deal. If they can resolve the issue with Trent Williams then another Superbowl run looks possible.

Back