• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Chiefs got very lucky last night. The tightest of tight margins.

Jackson surprisingly not putting the ball on the money was a surprise to me.

Worthy has some wheels and Henry really is a king.
I'm not sure why you're surprised, Jackson has always been bad throwing outside the numbers. Always. He's brilliant and can perform magic under pressure, but contain him and take away the middle of the field and he has always struggled.

I'm not sure why you're surprised, Jackson has always been bad throwing outside the numbers. Always. He's brilliant and can perform magic under pressure, but contain him and take away the middle of the field and he has always struggled.
Only saw the Sky highlights the 2nd down throw on final drive was down the middle and awful, the 1st down not much better, even the final one to Likely didn't need to be so high and if it wasn't he'd have probably stayed in bounds

He's a RB who can throw IMO.

You don't deservedly win MVP twice if that's all you are. Burrow and Allen are a tier below Mahomes and he's in the tier below that. Not elite but way better than how you suggest imo

He's an elite athlete and okay passer who can produce moments of brilliance. He's better than just a RB who can throw, but there's at least 8 QBs who are better passers than him.

As for the MVP award, he was nowhere near the best player in the NFL last season, he won it because the Ravens as a team had the best regular season record. The MVP should be the player who does the most to carry their team on their back. That's not Lamar Jackson.

Watched the highlights of the Packers v Eagles game. That's some debut for Barkley.

Just finished watching the game...at least I didn't sit Saquon. The Eagles offense would be unstoppable with a next tier QB. Hurts is what he is at this stage though, decision making whether that's throwing balls into coverage which favours the opposition or leaving the pocket needlessly early to just run around a bit and throw the ball away. Kelce is a miss, the Broverly Shove now less effective and some timing issues with the snap.

Eagles defense will continue to give points up due to the shite LB quality, so much free space at the second level in both the passing and rushing game.

The whole trip to Brazil has been a farce, none of the fan engagement stuff you get in London, which there was plenty of time to do given it was the first game, just in and out. Eagles players xenophobically bitching and when they get there it's played in a cowfield. I don't think Love's injury was field related, but both teams are lucky someone didn't get seriously injured slipping and sliding all over the place.

I know you don’t mean anything by this, just saying be careful with this sentiment when speaking on a Black QB.

Again, appreciate you won’t have meant it that way.

I know you don’t mean anything by this, just saying be careful with this sentiment when speaking on a Black QB.

Again, appreciate you won’t have meant it that way.
What? How have you managed to contort a simple nondescript statement into a race issue? What the hell has his skin colour got to do with his ability as a QB?

What? How have you managed to contort a simple nondescript statement into a race issue? What the hell has his skin colour got to do with his ability as a QB?
Alan has gone ott, but it is an old racist trope about black qbs. Fwiw I don't believe you were being consciously or subconsciously racist in what you said...just wrong 😉

Alan has gone ott, but it is an old racist trope about black qbs. Fwiw I don't believe you were being consciously or subconsciously racist in what you said...just wrong 😉
OK I've certainly never heard it, or can even see how it could even be construed in such a way.

Bear does misogyny, sexism and tasteless in a world class manner but I've never known him as racist.

He is more wrong about sporting positions, player assessments and tactics than I've ever known any other human being too.

When Jackson went to the draft I believe several teams wanted to to turn him into a wide receiver or running back, which is or was fairly common thing to happen to black QB in the past.

When Jackson went to the draft I believe several teams wanted to to turn him into a wide receiver or running back, which is or was fairly common thing to happen to black QB in the past.

Oh I see cheers. So the idea is black footballers can't be QBs? Surely that stereotype is dead and buried now with the amount of black Qbs now in the NFL and I'm assuming College footy.

Oh I see cheers. So the idea is black footballers can't be QBs? Surely that stereotype is dead and buried now with the amount of black Qbs now in the NFL and I'm assuming College footy.
You'd have thought so, but 2018 ain't that long ago and Josh Rosen was picked before him.

Kyler Murray did go number one the following year though (to the Cardinals who'd picked Rosen the year before) and he has far more limitations at QB than Lamar I'd say.

You'd have thought so, but 2018 ain't that long ago and Josh Rosen was picked before him.

Kyler Murray did go number one the following year though (to the Cardinals who'd picked Rosen the year before) and he has far more limitations at QB than Lamar I'd say.
Tbf he wasn't seen as an elite QB talent generally. From memory Philly traded out of 32 so Baltimore could take him, so barely went first round.

It's why Alan has previously taken offence to me calling a black Wolves player brainless, I'm equal opportunities on that insult, but he's more attuned to it given the way it's historically been used over there.

OK I've certainly never heard it, or can even see how it could even be construed in such a way.
This is why I explicitly said that I didn’t think you meant anything by it ffs.

There is a long history in the NFL of Black QBs being told they should play other positions. For a long time the underlying philosophy was that Black players were either not smart enough or not mentally tough enough for the position.

I just wanted you to know that when you say a Black QB, especially a former MVP, is actually “a RB who can throw” it can (justifiably) raise eyebrows.

Tbf he wasn't seen as an elite QB talent generally. From memory Philly traded out of 32 so Baltimore could take him, so barely went first round.

It's why Alan has previously taken offence to me calling a black Wolves player brainless, I'm equal opportunities on that insult, but he's more attuned to it given the way it's historically been used over there.
Yeah I’ve definitely gotten out over my skis on this a few times.

I do genuinely want folks to know that when I point out things like that, I really really don’t mean to label anybody as a “bona fide” racist.

I’m guilty of tons of little things, too. I apologize to anyone I haven’t been clear about that with.

And yeah, Lamar was very much one of those who was getting talked about like “well does he really project as a QB in the League?” Which looks pretty ridiculous now.

Back