• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Going for 6 home wins next week although odds wise the Texans and Bucs are outsiders

Another wild ride for Bill Mafia last night. In many respects it was total domination by the Bills, but as is their tendency, they found ways to shoot themselves in both feet. When they get it right the only team that can beat Buffalo is Buffalo. But they make so many mistakes. Still, that 2nd half last night they restricted the best QB in the division (sic) 😂😂😂 to 2 first downs, forced 4 punts and an an interception in the Dolphins 5 second half possessions. It was dominance. And if they hadn't turned the ball over inside the 30 yard line 3 times it would have been a blowout.

That might be the most hilarious review I've read of a game the Bills didn't even lead until 8 minutes to go

And to claim it would've been a blowout🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That might be the most hilarious review I've read of a game the Bills didn't even lead until 8 minutes to go

And to claim it would've been a blowout🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Tell me you didn't watch the game without telling me you didn't watch the game. You're fucking clueless aren't you?

In other news. Smith and Rivera gone from HC jobs. Fitterer gone from Panthers.

Even as someone who desperately wants to see Tua succeed, there's no arguing that the Bills' D didn't execute their game plan near perfectly in the second half.

I'd be very worried about the offense in Buffalo, though. That Miami defense is not good and missing a bunch of key pieces.

Even as someone who desperately wants to see Tua succeed, there's no arguing that the Bills' D didn't execute their game plan near perfectly in the second half.

I'd be very worried about the offense in Buffalo, though. That Miami defense is not good and missing a bunch of key pieces.
Dontcha know the only team that can beat the Bills is themselves?

I can see how he got there. I don't agree, necessarily, but I don't personally find it that egregious a statement.

If Buffalo go on a run and just smoke everybody in the playoffs it wouldn't be horrifically shocking to me. I don't expect that to happen, though.

I can see how he got there. I don't agree, necessarily, but I don't personally find it that egregious a statement.

If Buffalo go on a run and just smoke everybody in the playoffs it wouldn't be horrifically shocking to me. I don't expect that to happen, though.
The Ravens are a superb team, much better than the Bills. Lamar is on fire.

I would be really surprised if the Bills beat them and I think the Browns are the surprise package in the AFC.

Yep, I think Baltimore is a good call. Harbaugh's defense is always exceptional and Lamar is in the form of his life. Shout outs to Isaiah Likely, too.

Tough to see past them at the mo.

My picks

You're really feeling low if you think the Bucs can actually pull that off! 😂

You're really feeling low if you think the Bucs can actually pull that off! 😂
I don't think it, I'm supremely confident. They are a better side than either the Cards or the Giants and they both won games they didn't need to against a side that did. TBH unless the Packers or Rams win then I hope they do too. Going to SF on a short week will be a bloodbath

NFL refs are not full time employees of the league. Problems start there.
I have no doubt whatsoever that somewhere on this thread there exists a debate about the NFL embracing technology to keep up with the game, but like our football rulers here, they're resistant to change. I saw a WR fly out over the touchline about 4 feet in the air holding his arm out hoping to hold the ball over the marker for a first down. With a little educated calculation (I'm looking at you VAR fuckers here) you could draw a line to see if the ball crossed the line vertically and horizontally and I would have said he was in by a matter of inches. The Line Judge gave it '1 yard short!' Give me a fucking break!
And some of the ref's decisions as discussed sometimes seem to be.... how can I say this.... Heavily loaded against a team.
You have billions of dollars trading hands on any weekend dependant on some fucker with a pole and a length of chain measured against where Frank thinks 'the forward progress ended'. Wow! It's archaic!! (I was tempted to say Prehistoric', but that would be pushing it.
So much is based on where the line judge thinks the ball MIGHT have stopped when his knee went down with 9 big boys piling in on top, making the ball completely invisible for several really vital seconds.

And whilst I really like Lawrence as a QB, I think he's seriously at fault with the Jags overall demise and failure to live up to expectations..
Nowhere near the finished product. Some really poor throws in that game.

Titans have binned Vrabel. From this distance that seems harsh given their issues are front office rather than coaching driven. I think that sorts the Pats HC out for them without needing to pay compensation

Last edited:
Yeah rumours he'd be ending up in New England if they part ways with Bellichick. Titans have kinda gone backwards the last two years and with Henry leaving and Tannehill done, seems like the ideal time for a change.

Trading A J Brown out from under Vravbel's nose was always going to come home to roost at some point too.

Back