• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

As we've seen recently Brown can be a bit TO lite, but so are a lot of WRs. Diggs, Hill, Adams, Deebo to name just 4 all aren't easy to manage, but that trade has to be one of the worst in recent memory. Brown has proven to be elite, they've nosedived and in Burks drafted an injury prone replacement and in doing so made their coach of the year from 12 months previously look stupid

Patriots will need time (as all the other teams will for hiring Harbaugh) to do their fake Rooney rule interviews.
That'll be easy for them as Mayo will be their in house candidate. I don't know why Belichick hasn't been announced yet, presumably it's that they want everyone else to go first so it's an island?

All going a bit telenovela in New York, as Wink Martindale apparently reacted to the firing of his two top assistants by storming Brain Daboll’s office, cursing him out, and then leaving team facilities. That was Monday, the Giants haven’t heard from Martindale since.

He wants a HC job, but if he can't get one then he's got a problem as he's still under contract so they can block him going elsewhere as a DC

He wants to murder Daboll I think, really

Pete Carroll nailed, has a floating nothing job instead. Didn't see that one coming, although you can see why. That's 7 vacancies with the Patriots to come and Cowboys and Eagles possible depending on the play offs. Fwiw I think Sirianni will be OK as long as he lets the front office choose his coaches, if not it could be Pederson all over again

Last edited:
Martindale gone from the G-Men, too.

He'll be a good hire somewhere. That defense wasn't amazing this season but got a shit ton of turnovers and to say the offense kept putting them in bad situations would be slightly understating it.

Is now confirmed. Not a surprise after the last 2 seasons. Vrabel to the Patriots seems likely you'd imagine.

Playoffs!

giphy.gif

Bills v Steelers has been moved to Monday because of the anticipated shit weather in Buffalo.

Boooo, give me a Snow Bowl!

We have Monday off (most places, at least). MLK Day, federal holiday. Like a bank holiday over there.

Not that it won't still likely ruin the ticket for a lot of people.

Is now confirmed. Not a surprise after the last 2 seasons. Vrabel to the Patriots seems likely you'd imagine.
Only just saw that the Patriots have promoted Jerod Mayo from Linebacker Coach to be their new head coach.

It is what it is, but imagine having a ticket and then being told at no notice it's being moved to 4.30pm on a work day
I suspect that most employers in Buffalo will be pretty understanding and let their workforce out early or have the day off. I'm pretty sure the schools will close.

Edit: just seen its a holiday anyway.

I suspect that most employers in Buffalo will be pretty understanding and let their workforce out early or have the day off. I'm pretty sure the schools will close.
Buffalo could wake up to seven feet of snow and they still wouldn't cancel school! Tough old town.

Buffalo could wake up to seven feet of snow and they still wouldn't cancel school! Tough old town.
They wouldn't cancel school for the snow, they'd cancel it so they could watch the Bills in the playoffs!

Back