• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Statistically Jackson hasn't even been that great, but he will probably win it. CMC should win it, he's clearly the engine that makes the 49ers run. Despite all the media white noise about Josh Allen and his turnovers, he has 40 TDs this season and should rightfully be in the MVP consideration. Problem is his team has lost 4 games that they shouldn't have lost thanks to defensive blunders, so very little chance a 6 loss team has someone who'll get MVP.
It's an award with recency bias. Hurts was clear winner last year, but because he missed weeks 16 and 17 with injury they gave it to Mahomes. If the Bills win the AFC East beating Miami in the last game, I wouldn't rule it out. Currently 2nd favourite

Just put the NFL channel on and there’s an NCAA game on seems quite popular.
A question for Alan I suppose, is it similar to our Championship?

Just put the NFL channel on and there’s an NCAA game on seems quite popular.
A question for Alan I suppose, is it similar to our Championship?
Would be very difficult to draw a direct comparison, but as Tony says it's clearly a lower level of play. Most college players will never so much as see the Scout Team for an NFL franchise. Extremely high standard, relatively speaking, is the NFL.

One thing I've heard said before is that in college, even at the top level of it, you'll maybe get 3 or 4 guys on offense/defense that are capable of breaking an opposition game plan, where in the NFL, literally the entire 53 man roster is made up of those guys.

Bit of an overstatement, in reality, but I think it makes the point well.

Russell Wilson benched.

Packers suspend Jaire Alexander for 1 game because he decided to make himself a team captain when they played in his home town, Charlotte, and he went out to the coin toss without team permission. What an asshat.

Packers suspend Jaire Alexander for 1 game because he decided to make himself a team captain when they played in his home town, Charlotte, and he went out to the coin toss without team permission. What an asshat.
Nearly forced them to have to kick off in both halves too apparently.

We are really REALLY shit. And we welcome the 49ers to FedEx field. Should go well. Keep it under 50 would feel like a moral win. And not crap enough for a number one draft pick either.

Went to Rocky River High School which means he lived in the same little suburb of Charlotte I did (or damn close).

Small world.

I played in high school with Jarrett Boykin who had a few decent years in Green Bay IIRC. Watching him, even at 17, it was like he was playing a completely different sport to the rest of us.

Plenty of ammunition at the end of last nights game for those who think the officiating in the NFL is bent. Certainly incompetent if you believe the Lions players, the video supports what they say. Pretty much costs them the 2 seed which could be massive.

Last edited:
Plenty of ammunition at the end of last nights game for those who think the officiating in the NFL is bent. Certainly incompetent if you believe the Lions players, the video supports what they say. Pretty much costs them the 2 seed which could be massive.
I haven't seen it, what happened?

I haven't seen it, what happened?
Last play of the game, Detroit go for a 2 pt conversion to win and get it. Refs then call an ineligible receiver saying number 70 reported not 68. Players say and video shows it was 68 and he caught the TD. They then fail to convert and Dallas win. Campbell should have kicked the FG after the penalty and took OT, but that's not really the point.

Last edited:
That sounds very fishy. The officiating in the NFL is at best incompetent. Kind of like the Premier League, funnily enough. I wonder, do both of these sports allowing gambling? 🤔🤔

Last play of the game, Detroit go for a 2 pt conversion to win and get it. Refs then call an ineligible receiver saying number 70 reported not 68. Players say and video shows it was 68 and he caught the TD. They then fail to convert and Dallas win. Campbell should have kicked the FG after the penalty and took OT, but that's not really the point.
It was clearly bent. That particular crew shouldn't be allowed to officiate again.

There was a very suspicious interception which went against the Lions too.

Reading about it, the official in question has doubled down in saying that number 70 reported as an eligible receiver when there is clear audio out there that proves number 68 is the one that reported in. Absolutely dodgy as fuck.

That sounds very fishy. The officiating in the NFL is at best incompetent. Kind of like the Premier League, funnily enough. I wonder, do both of these sports allowing gambling? 🤔🤔
NFL refs are not full time employees of the league. Problems start there.

Back