• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

This city’s relationship with the Panthers is an odd one. A huge chunk of Charlotte’s population isn’t from here, and before the 1995 expansion most folks in the area defaulted to Washington (or Atlanta if they had no self-respect).

There are so many Rust Belt migrants here that even when the Panthers are good, Pittsburgh coming to town will put more yellow in BofA than blue.

Pissing rain and mid 40s here today to be fair, but yeah. Not hugely shocking to me.

If Carolina finish this with a TD everyone will have missed the best drive Bryce Young may ever put together!

Black helmets look sick, too.

And they've all just missed their second win of the season.

Someone needs to get a "loyal supporter" chant going in there.

Atlanta handed that to them, but the final drive going from Carolina’s own 5 all the way to Atlanta’s 2 is the biggest flash of hope they’ve had here this season.

Meanwhile, the Jets are showing just how stupid this league can be from game to game.

Shame the Jets tanked, I was looking forward to the Rodgers playing next week myth being busted by a reason other than the season is over

What the heck has happened to the Eagles? Lucky for them their next 3 games are Giants, Cardinals, Giants. I hate the Cowboys, but hopefully the Eagles faltering gives them the motivation to go and smash the Dolphins in the mouth this week.

What the heck has happened to the Eagles? Lucky for them their next 3 games are Giants, Cardinals, Giants. I hate the Cowboys, but hopefully the Eagles faltering gives them the motivation to go and smash the Dolphins in the mouth this week.
The short answer is they haven't been very good all season. I compared it a few weeks ago to Wolves under Lage, the results are there but every underlying metric says it's not sustainable. If you take the last 3 wins, Dallas were 1st and goal at the 6 to win and didn't, MVS dropped a dolly to win and Allen missed a wide open Davis/he ran the wrong route to win. They were outgained by 100 yds in all those games, but went 3-0.

They haven't been able to survive that gauntlet of games, Cowboys, Chiefs, Bills, 49ers and Cowboys is the toughest stretch any team has had this year and the defense is knackered, because as above they were on the field for so long even in the games they won. Against Buffalo for instance they had 90 defensive snaps. They also have a lot of injuries, like everyone at this time of year, yesterday without their top 2 LB, top CB and slot and are an old team 4/5 starting secondary players are over 30 and it shows.

Clearly things aren't great behind the scenes 10-3 teams don't bin their DC in any normal circumstance and finally Hurts looks like the player from 2 years ago, will probably come out at the end of the season that's he's played with an injury as sneeks aside he's not running with the same power which means people don't fall for the rpos so the WRs aren't open as much so he's throwing into tight windows and getting picked

Last edited:
The players had lost confidence in Desai and he was in the building. Letting Drew Lock drive the field with under 2 minutes left and 1 timeout isn't a great audition to get the job permanently

Last edited:
Back