• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Still enjoying that back slap?

Purdy looks very good right now. Not as good as Dak but he's certainly getting the Niners flowing.
My phone is going to die so I'll answer this now. Calling him a system QB is unfair. He saw ghosts on the first two drives, but after that he managed the game well, I don't think he's going to put the team on his shoulders but doesn't need to. His receivers are so tough, in terms of holding onto the ball when hit and YAC, plus the HC schemes them open so well. That offense runs through CMC though and I'd be surprised if they don't have a Lombardi in Feb

My phone is going to die so I'll answer this now. Calling him a system QB is unfair. He saw ghosts on the first two drives, but after that he managed the game well, I don't think he's going to put the team on his shoulders but doesn't need to. His receivers are so tough, in terms of holding onto the ball when hit and YAC, plus the HC schemes them open so well. That offense runs through CMC though and I'd be surprised if they don't have a Lombardi in Feb
I do enjoy watching both teams play. Eagles definitely looks seat of the pants Green Bay under Favre stuff and 49ers with Montana, a very controlled team.

I think both are better than Dallas and either could win them SB.

I do enjoy watching both teams play. Eagles definitely looks seat of the pants Green Bay under Favre stuff and 49ers with Montana, a very controlled team.

I think both are better than Dallas and either could win them SB.
It would be churlish to say it's the reason they lost, but the additional break for SF and the one Dallas gets next week is a big advantage at this time of year. I do think the team that gets the number 1 seed will win the NFC.

Hurts with a concussion somewhat destroys next week too

Last edited:
My money is on Carolina. The timing of the rumors coincided with Reich's firing in a... conspicuous type of way.

I can't imagine Belichik and Rodgers working out at all, but I suppose one's gone after next season regardless.
No way can i see him working for Tepper. Rumour I heard was that it's the Chargers. Staley is pretty much done in that building (his meltdown last week in front of the press was the signs of a man who knows he's in the shit) and winning a game 6-0 is only gonna further his demise.

Only problem with Belichik anywhere other than the Patriots of course is he won't have full control.

If only they'd thought about doing something when the trade window was still open, then they wouldn't have to be seriously considering returning to this again.
Didn't even need to be then, Wentz practically begged them to take him before he went to LA. Now I'm not his number one fan, but he's an upgrade on what they had, even Flacco yesterday played better than any Jets QB has this year and they know him

I'd say it should be the end for basically anyone involved in the GM/coaching side of the Jets. They're all massively culpable in the catastrophe their season has been. Although with Rodgers still there they'll probably end up with Hackett as Head coach.

I'd say it should be the end for basically anyone involved in the GM/coaching side of the Jets. They're all massively culpable in the catastrophe their season has been. Although with Rodgers still there they'll probably end up with Hackett as Head coach.
They've had all the downsides of the Rodgers experience without any of the positives, including the ridiculous he's going to play again this year that he gets his insider mates like Shefter and Rapoport to put out. He wasn't ever going to and won't, but his ego needs it to stay in the news cycle

Your season is 1 game off being over, you've been Head Coach for 7 years so everyone has already heard your motivational speeches, you need something new, as the team that prides itself as being the only one who plays in New York, let's go for the teamwork required to deliver 9/11, that'll work

That speech was made at training camp in July, not this week. That said, he's a fucking clown. Most Bills fans wouldn't be sad to see him go. Josh Allen has walked off the field leading with under 2 minutes to go 4 times this season and McDermott's defense has blown the game. One of those losses was against the powerhouse QB that is Mac Jones. Allen deserves a better head coach. End of.

That speech was made at training camp in July, not this week. That said, he's a fucking clown. Most Bills fans wouldn't be sad to see him go. Josh Allen has walked off the field leading with under 2 minutes to go 4 times this season and McDermott's defense has blown the game. One of those losses was against the powerhouse QB that is Mac Jones. Allen deserves a better head coach. End of.
Apologies didn't get that context from the Schefter quote. Someone must be putting the boot in for it to only come to light now

Last edited:
Don't apologise, Schefter doesn't point it out, it's only because I know that Bills Training Camp is held at St John Fisher that I know the timeline.

Dorsey needed to go. But the Bills biggest issue is that statistically their defense goes from top 10 in the first 58 minutes of a game to dead last in the final 2 minutes and OT. That is on McDumbass. He needs to go.

I guess if you don't get over that hump eventually you'll be known as failing. He was a coin flip off a SB though, whoever had the first possession in that OT game was going to win and they were better built to deal with the Bucs. Classic sliding doors moment.

Last edited:
This is the same man who started Nathan Peterman, remember.

Don't apologise, Schefter doesn't point it out, it's only because I know that Bills Training Camp is held at St John Fisher that I know the timeline.
Was actually 2019, from a hatchet piece I'm sure as a Bills fan you've now read

1702241804876.png

giphy.gif

Stroud has no one to throw too with Tank Dell out before the game then Nico Collins during and that Jets D on its day is pretty formidable.

Stroud himself knocked out of the game in the 4th quarter too.

Last edited:
Viking - Raiders is a real doozy ❄️

Back