• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

There can't be a more dispiriting thing in all sport than playing defense for the Jets. Tells you two things, firstly don't let an ego maniac get his claws into your team and secondly always sign a competent backup QB. Your best case is $6m for nothing, but it elevates your worse case significantly

The Jets offense is just horrific. Doesn't matter who is at QB, they are gonna be bad. Nathaniel Hackett is one of the worst offensive co-ordinators I've ever seen.

The Jets offense is just horrific. Doesn't matter who is at QB, they are gonna be bad. Nathaniel Hackett is one of the worst offensive co-ordinators I've ever seen.
Hence my ego maniac point. Rodgers' OC, Rodgers' back up QB. Hackett would have gone the way of Canada by now if it wasn’t for him

The Dolphins look impressive because of how fast they are, their speed is scary. But if you can force Tua to go away from his 1st read he is shaky.

Watching some college football.

BYU v OS. It's pretty shit.

*OSU (Oklahoma State University)

CFB may not be the same standard as the NFL (that's obvious innit), but shit it ain't. Any sport that gives you a finish like this is worth every slightly-under-pro-level play and then some:

Of course, it helps that I came out on the winning end of this one.

In the interest of fairness, the Iron Bowl also gave us this finish 10 years ago. I did not come out of this one feeling good.

*OSU (Oklahoma State University)

CFB may not be the same standard as the NFL (that's obvious innit), but shit it ain't. Any sport that gives you a finish like this is worth every slightly-under-pro-level play and then some:

Of course, it helps that I came out on the winning end of this one.
I wasn't having a pop at CFB, I like it. Just that game yesterday was shite. I was looking forward to seeing the two opposing RB's who are supposed to be absolute beasts.

And I'm miffed I turned it off before the fireworks of the second half and OT.

Last edited:
Tbf to you, BYU and OSU are typically middling programs and both are having "down" years (BYU especially).

CFB is an odd beast given how the "FBS" level encompasses a ton of variability in talent and resources. Even within conferences you get utterly weird chasms between teams; Vanderbilt in the SEC, Northwestern in the Big Ten, etc; schools which rarely ever win significant trophies as they have less funding for athletics and crazy high academic standards.

I also still have major issues with how undisciplined Dennis Allen's teams always are (this goes back to his time as a DC, even; our defenses have been quite good under him but the stupid penalties have always been there and now are infecting the offense, too).

I've no idea how holding wasn't called on that first Eagles play, the lineman was practically pulling Leonard Floyd's shirt off his back.

I've no idea how holding wasn't called on that first Eagles play, the lineman was practically pulling Leonard Floyd's shirt off his back.
The difference between a good and great offensive lineman is the ability to hold and not get caught.

I'm sure someone has said something like that before.

Back