• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Taylor has previous. There's footage of him jumping early dozens of times when he played with the Jaguars. To me it didn't even seem close to good timing. He was blatantly false starting.
They let OTs get away with all kinds of shit like this.

Back in the 70s and 80s you had to be fucking stock still. It drives my dad absolutely crazy what they're allowed to do these days. Good for a solid rant every weekend during football season.

I’m working my way through the quarterback show on Netflix atm. Kinda insane the amount of work that goes in week to week - although I was aware it’s mad to see/hear it all.

Certainly makes me rethink a bit about getting mad at bad plays/calls
I really enjoyed that. A bit too sanitised but good to see a proper character study rather than a team authored thing.

The production company is owned by the Manning brothers so we should get done good stuff out of them.

One more for Johnny, but the video analysis team will have every element of how the opposition plays for review in the same way as NFL teams do, but you aren't getting the same sort of prep as a QB will do firstly because an individual player isn't as dominant and secondly it's not a static sport in the same way. You aren't looking at the opposition to learn if they are in this formation they are likely to blitz, in that they are going to play zone, cover 1 etc. There's a lot more that planning can prep you for than football imo
This exactly. Footballers are way too mollycoddled and they should study film but they don't and tbh I would be surprised if many managers do. Ten Haag, Bielsa, Poch, Klopp, Pep and the rest of the real top level will but below that 🤷

The proper stats guys will prepare stats based on film but without watching the actual game clips I don't see the point.

As far as I know there still aren't many coaches/ managers that train players in situational circumstances which I find really odd as it's been done in AF for decades.

I really enjoyed that. A bit too sanitised but good to see a proper character study rather than a team authored thing.

The production company is owned by the Manning brothers so we should get done good stuff out of them.
Unless Peyton is playing poker, they haven't managed to get anyone to sign up for season 2. Not too surprising as 2 of the 3 didn't come across that well, Cousins because he's a weirdo and Mariotta because he acted like a toddler when benched

Unless Peyton is playing poker, they haven't managed to get anyone to sign up for season 2. Not too surprising as 2 of the 3 didn't come across that well, Cousins because he's a weirdo and Mariotta because he acted like a toddler when benched
Cousins came across as a wholesome American of the religious type. He got great reviews.

Mariotta getting benched was good for TV, not so much for his reputation.

I think it has been picked up (at least I think it's filming again).

I think people would perceive Cousins differently if they thought he actually had a chance to win something. As it is, he's kind of everyone's little brother. It's cute when he does well, but you never expect him to really be able to say "told you so".

Johnny is probably correct, what you find cute, I find nauseous, but we've had the god conversation before and the transatlantic different outlooks

Johnny is probably correct, what you find cute, I find nauseous, but we've had the god conversation before and the transatlantic different outlooks
Cute in a “aw, look at little Walsall rattling their sabers” kind of way. Or a 6 year old threatening to beat you up.

Don’t need to reopen the religion conversation but suffice to say Americans who aren’t religious just tune it out. Doesn’t read the same here (which you know, of course) and probably never will.

Cultural history’s a bitch, ain’t it.

Following the Vikings is very frustrating. Cousins is a very good QB probably underrated by most as well. The issue is the Vikings have is that they have enough good players, especially on offense that they're unlikely to get below 7 or 8 wins, they're also extremely unlikely to make a deep play off run. That leaves them in a position where they need a QB but are probably going to be picking in a position where all the top rated ones will be gone. They've never really committed to a proper rebuild since I've been following them (2012) so they've always just kind of been middling with the odd very good season without getting to the Superbowl or a season that's been bad but not bad enough to pull the trigger on someone that's going to get them there. I don't think this season's going to be any different either.

I think Kyler Murray will be the Vikings QB next year when Caleb Williams goes to Arizona. Not sure that fixes the purgatory though. It's only Twitter clips but Williams looks like Mahomes on speed

If Murray is bad again this year I think it's entirely possible he drops off the face of the Earth.

The Vikings now have 2 very good tackles and depending on how Addison works out they could have some great weapons when you add him to Jefferson and Hockenson. I think the defence was 32/32 though if I remember correctly, could be in some high scoring games at least.

If Murray is bad again this year I think it's entirely possible he drops off the face of the Earth.
I doubt he'll come off PUP. I don't believe players tank, but I do believe organisations do, particularly when both the GM amd HC should be safe. They've set themselves up for a 2-15 season, I don't think they'll risk it by playing him whilst that's still on. As you'll know better than I Alan supposedly Williams is going to be the can't miss type of Number 1 like Burrow rather than the best in his class type like Young

The Vikings can get out of their Cousins relationship next year, but as Deano says they aren't going to be bad enough to be in the running for Williams or Maye. Arizona will be looking to shop him and it'll be someone like Minnesota, Washington or Vegas who'll do the buying

Completely forgot he was on PUP right now, d’oh!

I hope Brady enjoys his half time jersey retirement celebration

Sorry, Chicago, Justin Fields is not that dude.

Back