• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Knew a huge chunk was, couldn't remember how much exactly.

For a star of his caliber, as well, the promotions and media appearances will likely continue to roll in.
What I don't know is whether it's something teams insure against. I assume like football they do?

That's an excellent question; I honestly have no idea.

At complete guess, they (the Jets organization) may be protected from the lost money but I'd bet he still counts against the salary cap? Truly pulling that out of my ass, though.

Confirmed torn Achilles so done for the season and probably his career.

Media here acting like he’s definitely returning next season. Maybe they know something we don’t? An Achilles tear at 39 seems like that should be the end.

Bridgewater or Mariota maybe as a short term ‘better than Wilson’ option?

Knew a huge chunk was, couldn't remember how much exactly.

For a star of his caliber, as well, the promotions and media appearances will likely continue to roll in.
I think I read somewhere that Rodgers is the least marketed 'big name', He only does state Farm and a couple of others I think.
Obviously I might be miles out, but compared to many others he doesn't do much.

That's debatable for the latter, shocking in camp and pre season by all accounts. Also if you've installed your gameplan all Summer based on Rodgers you probably want more of a pocket passer, Stafford would be a good fit in that sense. I think they'll stay with Wilson and sign a FA, Douglas was in Philly with Wentz which could rule him in or out, the latter if he has any sense

The other thing with the Rodgers injury is that by the time he comes back he's gonna be 40. That injury is tough for a young guy to come back from fully, for a 40 year old it's more than tough. You'd have to think it is possible that he'll never play again. On such an innocuous looking sack too.

As for the game, the Jets D is good. Really good. But they didn't take the game from the Bills, Josh Allen handed it to them on a silver platter. Probably the worst game he's ever played. He's supremely talented, as talented as any QB playing, maybe as talented as any QB ever. But he makes dumb mistakes trying to force things that aren't there. And if he's still doing it now, in year 6 he's never going to learn. And the Bills won't win the Super Bowl with him at QB.

And the Bills won't win the Super Bowl with him at QB.
7f244e43598af9617d1bbf0ad94a8f80.jpg

;)

On such an innocuous looking sack too.
There's a photo of that tackle in one American magazine I was looking at.
He's being forced forward and his left foot is still flat on the ground.
If you didn't know the context it would be a nothing photo, but if you zoom in and turn the sound up to 10, you can here it snap!
Gruesome!

Actually that photo was part of another long article on the debate about turf or real grass. Almost everyone wants real grass.
Apparently the Met Life Stadium has just been relaid with some fancy dual fibre material which is softer than last years surface.
But can you imagine the state of it if it were real grass being played on Sunday in that downpour and then again on Monday??

One line I saw from a current NFL player on Twitter: “they care about soccer players more than us”.

Absolutely!
That was Rodgers best mate at Lambeau Dave B.
They'' change the surfaces for soccer but they'll ruin their investments (us) because they keep putting this shit down".
Kind of surprised they don't put it into their contracts. I'll come play for you, I'll take 50 million off you in wages, I'll bring thousands through the gate, so put grass down or I'll take my talents somewhere else".

In other NFL news, if the reports are true about what was said by Bills owner Terry Pegula then I cannot continue to support that team while he is owner.

40 supposed witnesses. We’ll see if anything comes of it.

Jerry Jones who attended the Little Rock School blocade of black students to just see what was going on is also part of the action

In other NFL news, if the reports are true about what was said by Bills owner Terry Pegula then I cannot continue to support that team while he is owner.
Not heard what he is alleged to have said but is it bad enough that his daughter might get shit for it from crowds on the tennis tour?

Not heard what he is alleged to have said but is it bad enough that his daughter might get shit for it from crowds on the tennis tour?
Yes. “Go back to Africa”, in short.

Back