• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

The O-line has been terrible for as long as I can remember tbh
These GMs just don't get it, man. Offensive linemen might not be glamorous or sell jerseys but the game is won and lost at the LoS, IMV.

It's silly, but my respect for a person does go up when they own that kind of thing. Shows you're a person a culture.

These GMs just don't get it, man. Offensive linemen might not be glamorous or sell jerseys but the game is won and lost at the LoS, IMV.
I think the problem is finding enough men big, strong, and athletic enough and who want to play on the very unglamorous o-line. There can't be an endless supply of them. It is a very unique physique/skillset combination.

I think the problem is finding enough men big, strong, and athletic enough and who want to play on the very unglamorous o-line. There can't be an endless supply of them. It is a very unique physique/skillset combination.
Fair point, and that’s before considering that you need 5 guys who play as a unit. A CB pairing on steroids, if you like.

Supposedly Philly pay their O line/run play coach more than either of their coordinators as he's so important to the success of the team. The game last night being a prime example

Fair point, and that’s before considering that you need 5 guys who play as a unit. A CB pairing on steroids, if you like.
I think that's why most teams struggle to field a really good, complete o-line. Most teams have a weakness somewhere on the line. There just aren't enough good ones to go around.

I think that's why most teams struggle to field a really good, complete o-line. Most teams have a weakness somewhere on the line. There just aren't enough good ones to go around.
It’s a really good point, mate, even if I still think the positions beyond “blind side” OT get undervalued.

It’s a really good point, mate, even if I still think the positions beyond “blind side” OT get undervalued.
Centre especially gets undervalued. But with DTs now being more used to get after the QB rather than just to eat up space and tie up blockers, all interior o-linemen are getting more valuable. Players like Aaron Donald, Chris Jones, Quinnen Williams are getting penetration and disrupting pass plays more and more.

Did any of the UK types get Dazn Gamepass? I cancelled mine as soon as they moved everyone there as wanted to see how it held up first. Due to all the issues the other year where they changed who eas reasonable for the app/streams in Europe.

Tell you what, I didn't expect Bryce Young or CJ Stroud to come out on fire this season, but I definitely didn't expect for Anthony Richardson to look so much better than them.

Out of the game injured now though (2nd game in a row) It's all well and good being able to run the ball at QB, but it ain't college no more and these guys hit a hell of a lot harder.

Tua style fall concussion by the looks of things.

Last edited:
Out of the game injured now though (2nd game in a row) It's all well and good being able to run the ball at QB, but it ain't college no more and these guys hit a hell of a lot harder.

Tua style fall concussion by the looks of things.
Lawrence took him to the side after the game last week and told him he'd have to start sliding and protecting himself.

Oh yeah, even if Richardson plays at the highest level he's capable of, it's really hard to see him having better longevity than a halfback.

Chiefs have been a shambles on offence so far. Fortunately the Jags haven't been much better.

Of course they then pretty much immediately score afterwards.

Last edited:
Didn't realise you were that thin skinned, thought you'd just shake it off.

For the sake of the thread that's me done, I don't know any more and I'm not Googling

Back