• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Talking of College Football, there're some crackers in this years list:

Those names can't be real.

Somehow missed this, the Cowboys have traded a 4th round pick next year to the 49ers in exchange for Trey Lance.

Yep massive bust for the 49ers considering what they traded to get him. Never really a Shanahan style QB either.

The track record for NFL QBs who had a singular season starting in college is not good. And Lance's came at a pretty low standard of play.

It was always a weird one but teams are addicted to flailing wildly in service of finding "the franchise QB".

Was listening to a podcast yesterday and he barely played in college and high school either. Ridiculously low amount of snaps as a starting QB at all levels.

Another little dose of roster cruelty as the Jags have cut HC Doug Pederson’s son, TE Josh Pederson.

I doubt that will have made either of the Pedersons feel better tbf. Josh has been around the league with other teams so he’s not completely relying on pop, at least.

I'm sure it was known all along. Come into camp, we'll get you some tape, not going to make the roster, if nobody picks you up on waivers we'll try and put you on the practice squad. Sorry Alan, I don't see the emotional element in this one

That’s shown me tbh

That’s shown me tbh
The Michael Dunn one the other day was only roster manoeuvring so they could get to their 53 and then put two players on IR rather than season ending IR. He's signed back today, so that was just a gentleman's agreement with a vested vet who couldn't be claimed through waivers.

Yeah going from the 53 to the practice squad is still a major pay cut but will certainly have alleviated a lot of the guilt I assumed Doug would be feeling over it.

Prediction Time
AFC
East Bills
North Bengals
West Chiefs
South Texans

NFC
East Eagles
North Lions
West 49ers
South Saints

Superbowl Bengals v Eagles

# AFC
- East: Miami
- North: Pittsburgh
- West: Kansas City
- South: Jacksonville

# NFC
- East: Philadelphia
- North: Detroit 🤞
- West: Seattle
- South: New Orleans

# Championships
- AFC: Jacksonville v Kansas City
- NFC: Philadelphia v New York (Giants)
- Super Bowl: Philadelphia v Jacksonville

The NFC's North, West, and South are a cauldron of mediocrity.

AFC:
East: Jets
North: Bengals
West: Chiefs
South: Jaguars

NFC:
East: Eagles
North: Lions
West: 49ers
South: Saints

Superbowl: Eagles v Bengals. Eagles champs.

Question? Why the fuck do the Americans put the name of the home side at the end in NFL.

IE - Boston Stranglers @Stone Cold Steve Austin Texas

Because of baseball. In baseball the home team bats second, so on scorecards the away team is put first.
And because baseball is older than the other US sports this is their convention.

Because of baseball. In baseball the home team bats second, so on scorecards the away team is put first.
And because baseball is older than the other US sports this is their convention.
An American told me it's because the sentence reads:

Boston Strangers are playing at New York Cat lovers.

Which makes sense I guess.

But 🤷

Back