• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Commanders sold. £4.8bn. Wow. That is a lot of money for what is a badly under-performing franchise.
I think the Harris group have signed the deal for $6.05 Billion!
Amid some concerns that he's a bit stretched at that.
At 5 billion, it is suggested that would have been much more comfortable, he could sign cheques for bonuses and signing on and all the other stuff, but now at 6.05b he's gonna have to ask....

Also, it kooks like Rodgers has done a nice deal to help the jets with their cap for this year.
I believe he's on the basic minimum this year of $1.165 million. and his $58.3 million got kicked into next year, but next year....
Next year he's on $107.55 million all guaranteed!, Which kind of means he's gonna clear up this question of how long he's gonna play for, well it sure looks like 2 possibly 3 years. Which is really gonna fuck up young Zack Wilson.

That's his GB contract. His Jets restructure is still in negotiation

That's his GB contract. His Jets restructure is still in negotiation
Those details came from Joe Douglas, who said they are still working on Rodgers' contract but the bones of it are that in 2023 he's on The basic but next year the big money kicks in.

As I said it's his GB contract, agreed with GB. Nothing to do with the Jets or him doing them a favour. No team would want a QB playing on a $1m cap hit because of the future cost

As I said it's his GB contract, agreed with GB. Nothing to do with the Jets or him doing them a favour. No team would want a QB playing on a $1m cap hit because of the future cost
Why would GB be bothered about how Rodgers is gonna get paid at the Jets?
Is there a limit on how big a signing on bonus can be?

Why would GB be bothered about how Rodgers is gonna get paid at the Jets?
Is there a limit on how big a signing on bonus can be?
Because the Jets wouldn't have done the deal on his current contract. GB needed to restructure it to get the deal over the line for Rodgers and the Jets to renegotiate now.

If it was Philly they'd do something like a 4 year contract with the last 2 being dummy years. You then give him a $40m signing bonus and $35m a year guaranteed for 2 years. You then get to dump $10m of the cap into each of the dummy years. What that requires though is an owner that is prepared to write a $40m cheque up front, you are gaming the cap, but not real money, so depends if Johnson is prepared to put the money up front. It's why although the cap is in theory a leveller it isn't when it comes to whether your owners have deeper pockets or not. By the time you come to be charged it the cap for that year will have gone up by more than the $10m you've dumped there

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the new fair catch rule on kick-offs. I get why they've done it, but I still don't like the prospect of eliminating one of the best potential momentum shifting plays in the game.

May as well just get rid and just start drives from the 25 yd line as that's where every one will be from anyway, whether that's caught or kicked through the end zone

Last edited:
May as well just get rid and just start drives from the 25 yd line as that's where everyone will be from anyway, whether that's caught or kicked through the end zone
I think that's what they are gradually heading towards, but kickoff returns can offer so much excitement and potential to quickly switch the field. Teams will be looking at ways to do more kicks that bounce because you can't fair catch a bouncing ball. So like a squib kick but one that goes deeper. That will be the new challenge for kickers.

Arizona release Deandre Hopkins.

Be a great fit in Carolina but can see a return to Houston. Could probably teach Bryce Young and/or CJ Stroud a lot.

Not a lot of tread left on those tires/tyres but sharp route running and good hands never go out of style.

Be a great fit in Carolina but can see a return to Houston. Could probably teach Bryce Young and/or CJ Stroud a lot.

Not a lot of tread left on those tires/tyres but sharp route running and good hands never go out of style.
Reading on the Athletic he's said he wants a good QB rather than a young QB.

Think the Chargers would be the best fit.

Missed out on that detail.

Fuck sake, now I bet he's angling for the Jets. I would much prefer the Rodgers era there to implode spectacularly.

Baltimore being mentioned as a possibility on ESPN just now. I could see that.

Missed out on that detail.

Fuck sake, now I bet he's angling for the Jets. I would much prefer the Rodgers era there to implode spectacularly.

Baltimore being mentioned as a possibility on ESPN just now. I could see that.
They've inexplicably just signed Beckham so you'd think all the money they had for Hopkins would've gone on him.

Hard to guess what kind of offers Hopkins will get at his age. I'd be a little surprised if he remains a top WR in terms of remuneration.

Tbf that doesn't mean that you're wrong re: Beckham and the money being spent already.

Reading on the Athletic he's said he wants a good QB rather than a young QB.

Think the Chargers would be the best fit.
Was listening to a podcast this morning where they had a brief snippet from an interview he'd done. In it he described the type of quarterback he didn't want, which was basically a perfect description of all the negative ways Kyler Murray is portrayed in the media.

Back