• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Fu-KkQxaUAACw-T

Bryce Young vs. a small DE (Brian Burns).

I love Bryce, but damn, pray to whatever power you believe in to protect him.

I don’t think I have ever seen 6’5” and 250 lbs referred to as small before.

It's not small either in real world or DE context. Miles Garrett is subjectively the best and shorter

6’5” is tall for a DE but 250lbs is light for one.

EDIT: don’t believe everything you read on the web, kids. 🤦‍♂️

It’s MILDLY light for a DE in a 4-3 formation but the position has gotten significantly lighter in recent years, looks like. Probably because the current fad is that half-DE/half-OLB position.

Last edited:
Some rumoured leaks suggesting Bills game in London is October 8th and Titans the week after. Apparently they are listed on the Events page of the Tottenham stadium.

All that secrecy borked by a few lines of HTML.

Schedule release is next Thursday, they usually do the International games about a week beforehand so perhaps tomorrow it becomes official? Be interesting to see which game goes there, one of the AFC West or NFC East teams would seem most likely. Eagles owner Lurie said at the Combine they aren't going to Germany even though they have an away game against the Chiefs and Pats who are both there so clearly it's decided very early

Wanna say the teams are picked a few months ahead of time, no idea when they actually set up the dates though. Imagine the logistics require a lot of forethought.

You used to be guaranteed a bye after a London trip, that seems to have slipped now which I don't really understand, some do, some don't. Also sports science seems to suggest coming in on Thurs and playing Sunday is the best thing whereas previously teams arrived earlier in the week

Schedule release is next Thursday, they usually do the International games about a week beforehand so perhaps tomorrow it becomes official? Be interesting to see which game goes there, one of the AFC West or NFC East teams would seem most likely. Eagles owner Lurie said at the Combine they aren't going to Germany even though they have an away game against the Chiefs and Pats who are both there so clearly it's decided very early
I wouldn't be surprised if its Bills v Giants given the ties between the 2 front offices and coaching staffs.

Actually, not sure about that, didn't the Giants play in London last year? Can't see them coming back to back years.

Actually, not sure about that, didn't the Giants play in London last year? Can't see them coming back to back years
They did, that's why I ruled out the Bucs. Denver, Vegas or Dallas it is then. Dallas seems too big a game to send over here so probably one of the other 2

Signing his list of favourite players like Lazard and probably Cobb smacks of desperation, but he's boxed them into a corner
Although Rodgers' lists of demands were completely denied by the Jets they've now signed both of these.

Could be Washington I suppose? Seem to have hardly if ever played a London game.

Although Rodgers' lists of demands were completely denied by the Jets they've now signed both of these.
Good signings for them. Think the Jets could do well, have done really good weapons for Rodgers and a decent offensive line.

The thing that works against them is just being in the AFC, possibly the 3rd best team in the East plus, Chiefs, Bengals, Jags, Chargers, Ravens. The disparity between the 2 feels like it did in the 80s, when the NFC dominated, although that's not translating so much to SuperBowls. If you were power ranking probably only the Eagles, 49ers and Cowboys you'd debate for the Top 10 at this stage, although that'll be wrong by the time the season starts and some surprise names rise

The thing that works against them is just being in the AFC, possibly the 3rd best team in the East plus, Chiefs, Bengals, Jags, Chargers, Ravens. The disparity between the 2 feels like it did in the 80s, when the NFC dominated, although that's not translating so much to SuperBowls. If you were power ranking probably only the Eagles, 49ers and Cowboys you'd debate for the Top 10 at this stage, although that'll be wrong by the time the season starts and some surprise names rise
I think my Saints will be pretty good this season but that depends on the HC being better.

But the weapons Carr has and the D should be good.

Agree with you on Cowboys, Eagles and Niners. Giants could be good and maybe the Packers if Love is all that.

I like the Jags in the AFC too.

Back