• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

With the easiest slate going.
Purdy's regular season starting games:
Tampa
Washington
LV
Arizona
Seattle
He's a nobody and never will be, a game manager when game managers are being phased out. He's a competant back up and for a 7th round pick that's brilliant. That's what he is though. He's not a franchise QB, feel free to bookmark that. Lance has more up and downside
Tom Brady says hi

I think Purdy is better than you’re crediting him for, Tones. How much better is open for debate.

Tom Brady says hi
The outlier that proves the point. They've now signed Darnold, because they don't really know what they have. I doubt he's gone there to be QB3, so my guess is they trade Lance

The outlier that proves the point. They've now signed Darnold, because they don't really know what they have. I doubt he's gone there to be QB3, so my guess is they trade Lance
I was only scoring cheap points.

I quite like Purdy and think he's better than a game manager.

Agree they trade Lance although Darnold is pretty shit.

Rodgers to the Jets could well be a total disaster of Russell Wilson to Denver proportions.

Signing his list of favourite players like Lazard and probably Cobb smacks of desperation, but he's boxed them into a corner

Yeah, the way those guys have to go at it, he can drop 9 pounds easy.

It's not about losing the 9 pounds, it's what putting it on in the first place says, meaning he didn't do half the things he was supposed to at his pro day. He'd need to smash the interview to go top half imo. Top 10 picks are too precious to gamble on more than the lottery they are to a degree already. Philadelphia are needing a DT and a CB, I'd rather they took the latter at 10

Quite surprised how much top level talent is left on the board.

Could probably field a very good team in itself.

Last edited:
Seems that Rodgers was about 90% leaning towards retiring until he found the Packers were shopping him,
Also vehemently denied giving the Jets a list of payers that they must sign. Preposterous! he said.

There was a zero percent chance that Rodgers would retire at the same time as Brady and be in the same HoF class, his ego couldn't take it

apparently made his mind up last Wednesday, but now it appears to be the Packers putting the brakes on trying to decide what they want for Rodgers. And its not a couple of 1st round picks!

If Aaron Rodgers told me it was hot outside I'd reach for my coat. He's an arse and in playing for Woody Johnson a hypocritical one

Last edited:
I’m not sure how many cards Green Bay have. They have a 39 year old QB on the biggest salary chewing up a salary cap.

They'll do well to get this year's first and change. Everyone knows they don't want him and in doing so he'd make it unbearable for them if he stayed. Their only hope is the Jets cave as they are now down to Rodgers, Wilson or an obvious back up like Wentz or Marriota so they have to make it work really

I think it was Dante Stallworth who played for the Browns after being convicted of Vehicular Manslaughter whilst driving drunk. Just hit someone crossing the street.

That was probably a decade ago but just illustrates that the league will forgive a lot if it thinks you’re talented.

Back