• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Ravens are shopping Jackson, no other way of reading putting the transitional tag on him

Rodgers has been given permission to talk to the Jets.
An emisarry from the Jets is also flying out to meet with Rodgers.
Rodgers is gonna have to adjust his pocket money to make it under the cap, but the 1st step has been taken.
Mad headline: Rodgers has GangGreen!

I agree to a degree, Cleveland have set the market to a ridiculous level with their fully guaranteed contract to the sex offender. I can see why Lamar wants that but by not having an agent nobody is telling him it's unrealistic. The Falcons are already out, Jets are talking to Rodgers. Colts, Panthers, Texans and Raiders are likely to go down the draft route, so I guess it depends what Washington or Tampa Bay will give him unless someone like the Titans throw themselves in

I just feel like the physical clock ticks so fast for running QBs like Jackson. I get why he feels he has earned the money, in a lot of ways he has. But equally I'd be stunned if he's putting up MVP-esque numbers even two seasons from now.

We saw how fast Cam Newton fell apart, although in fairness he was never as good a passer as Lamar.

$40m a year plus incentives for Daniel Jones, the guaranteed number will be interesting.QB purgatory

Reaching a eal with Jones has enabled them to franchise tag Barkley too.

I just feel like the physical clock ticks so fast for running QBs like Jackson. I get why he feels he has earned the money, in a lot of ways he has. But equally I'd be stunned if he's putting up MVP-esque numbers even two seasons from now.

We saw how fast Cam Newton fell apart, although in fairness he was never as good a passer as Lamar.

I think this is the main reason teams are baulking at putting the money up. He's also missed 10(?) games in the last 2 seasons.

I think this is the main reason teams are baulking at putting the money up. He's also missed 10(?) games in the last 2 seasons.
As we used to say, “nail on head”.

Panthers have the number 1 pick. 2 1s 2 2s and DJ Moore. That's a lot for whichever QB they want who isn't a given

Oh my god, if they take fucking Anthony Richardson... Living here is going to be absolutely delicious with the drama.

Obviously Hargrave is a massive upgrade. Defenses don't win Superbowls anymore though, QBs do. When they have one I believe in I'll take your comment seriously

I'd bet money that we never see an undefeated team again in the NFL. At least not in my lifetime.

The '72 Dolphins were flukey enough, and they didn't have to win 20 games to do it. Odds are just minuscule and get smaller with every game added to the schedule.

Plus if you were say 15-0 you aren't playing your starters in the last 2 games

Obviously Hargrave is a massive upgrade. Defenses don't win Superbowls anymore though, QBs do. When they have one I believe in I'll take your comment seriously

Got to the NFC championship game with a 3rd string QB. Obviously my original comment was hyperbole but they've got considerably stronger have an elite rushing attack and numerous weapons for a QB who has all the tools to be elite.

Got to the NFC championship game with a 3rd string QB. Obviously my original comment was hyperbole but they've got considerably stronger have an elite rushing attack and numerous weapons for a QB who has all the tools to be elite.
With the easiest slate going.
Purdy's regular season starting games:
Tampa
Washington
LV
Arizona
Seattle
He's a nobody and never will be, a game manager when game managers are being phased out. He's a competant back up and for a 7th round pick that's brilliant. That's what he is though. He's not a franchise QB, feel free to bookmark that. Lance has more up and downside

With the easiest slate going.
Purdy's regular season starting games:
Tampa
Washington
LV
Arizona
Seattle
He's a nobody and never will be, a game manager when game managers are being phased out. He's a competant back up and for a 7th round pick that's brilliant. That's what he is though. He's not a franchise QB, feel free to bookmark that

I agree completely, I was talking about Lance.

Back