• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Lamar Jackson has put in a “transfer request”.

The Commanders are about to sell. For $6,000,000,000. $6 billion.

Six billion dollars.

Less than Man United is supposedly worth, which is a bit of a surprise. Mind you, on that figure Christ knows what the Cowboys are worth.

The Broncos selling for $4.65b last year (maybe 2021?) was already ridiculous enough.

Appalling amounts of money.

Prediction Time
AFC
East Bills
West Chargers
North Ravens
South Colts

NFC
East Eagles
West 49ers
North Packers
South Bucs

SB Chargers vs Rams. Chargers to win

If others want to join in I'll keep score at the end of the season.
1 point for each Division winner
2 for the Conference
3 for the SB
AFC
East - Bills
West - Chiefs
North - Ravens
South - Colts

NFC
East - Eagles
West - Rams
North - Packers
South - Buccaneers

Superbowl - Bills (Bills v Rams)

AFC
East - Bills
West - Chargers
North - Bengals
South - Colts

NFC
East - Cowboys
West - Rams
North - Packers
South - Panthers

Superbowl
Bills v Rams, Bills win.

Josh Allen is MVP and everyone who doubted him is forced to get 'Josh Allen is awesome, I was wrong and I'm an idiot' tattoos...
😜😂🖕
AFC
East - Bills
West - Chiefs
North - Ravens
South - Colts

NFC
East - Eagles
West - Rams
North - Packers
South - Buccaneers

Superbowl - Bills v Packers. Bills win

The Ravens are paying $15m minimum for a season of OBJ...bonkers

Especially when they have a QB that doesn't really throw to WRs.

Hurts gets $51m pa for 5 years, about 36m a year guaranteed on average

Good for him. Still think the clock ticks faster for physical QBs so glad that he could get his bag; I doubt he'll get anything like an offer that good again (which I think the Lamar Jackson situation is proving out).

No-trade clause, too.

Yes, that bit surprised me, I think they were keen to get the deal done before Burrow and Herbert so gave in on that point. I see the Lamar comparison, but Hurts has become a better passer than he is. I think you'll see him run less now, it'll be still there for rpos and scrambles, but I think you'll see less designed runs

Yeah, it'll be fascinating to see how they handle him. Good point about Burrow and Herbert's deals not being done yet, too.

Agree that Hurts > Jackson.

The Broncos selling for $4.65b last year (maybe 2021?) was already ridiculous enough.

Appalling amounts of money.
And apparently, you need around 3 BILLION to run the club a year! (as per ICSID)
And it's interesting that the 6.5 BILLION offer by the Harris group hasn't gone through yet because there's chatter about an 8 Billion offer being prepared!!!

Last edited:
Apparently the Packers spent $410 million on expenses in the fiscal year 2021, according to one estimate. In other words, they don’t have enough money to cover their expenses when it comes to income.
I'd be interested to know the cost of hiring a plane to fly to (wherever) San Fran for instance... plane, crew, fuel, airport personnel.

Apparently the Packers spent $410 million on expenses in the fiscal year 2021, according to one estimate. In other words, they don’t have enough money to cover their expenses when it comes to income.
I'd be interested to know the cost of hiring a plane to fly to (wherever) San Fran for instance... plane, crew, fuel, airport personnel.
Not sure you've understood the financials.

Operating income is the same as gross profit here in the UK. Nobody in the NFL makes a loss.

Last edited:
And apparently, you need around 3 BILLION to run the club a year! (as per ICSID)
And it's interesting that the 6.5 BILLION offer by the Harris group hasn't gone through yet because there's chatter about an 8 Billion offer being prepared!!!
It can only be approved by the other owners. The next owners meeting is Mid May. Snyder can agree a deal he can't arbitrarily sell the franchise though without that approval

Too bad Green Bay is more than hour away from civilization.

Strong Rumours Derrick Henry is going to Philly. Salary is irrelevant they'll pay it, cap low as Titans front loaded the contract. Anything higher than a 4 and I wouldn't do it, injury/over the hill concerns and an average RB will do behind that OL

Back