• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Absolutely, but Detroit, Cleveland, Miami and Jacksonville have/had a fan base that's tired of them and that would have been in direct opposition to what the rest of that sentence contained. So now you've gone and forced me to call myself out. :icon_Yellow-Card:

St. Louis hasn't been as consistently bad as the others. Don't forget the Bulger years post super-bowl.

Absolutely, but Detroit, Cleveland, Miami and Jacksonville have/had a fan base that's tired of them and that would have been in direct opposition to what the rest of that sentence contained. So now you've gone and forced me to call myself out. :icon_Yellow-Card:

St. Louis hasn't been as consistently bad as the others. Don't forget the Bulger years post super-bowl.

:icon_lol: Yeah the Buffalo fans are pretty crazy. They throw a mean tailgate party too. My one NFL game was in Buffalo to see the Bills beat a Brett Favre led Packers team about 7 years ago. It was a truly great spectacle. The Bills fans were superb.

I really appreciate fans who stick with their teams regardless of how shit they become.

It'll be interesting seeing the Colts if they do poorly. Their fan base is practically made up of bandwagoners.

Bumping the thread for the start of the new NFL season. Go Bills!

BBC has the rights to Monday Night Football this year. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/19487814 Available on the red button or website only though so given the time differences and lack of a real sky channel to record it's probably not much use to many. Still if your up late it's good to know you can put the NFL on for a bit.

Not the best of debuts today for Luck. Near the end of the game they put up his stats vs Peytons debut and they were weirdly similar. Almost same pass completion, 7 yards difference and Peyton had 1 extra interception I believe (Luck had 3 today). Hopefully Luck can go on to a similar career :D. Just seemed to try too hard and force the pass at times today. Also threw a couple too high. Other times simple catches were dropped. After last year and Peyton leaving it's very much a work in progress and it looked very much a rebuilding team performance. Vikings next. Hopefully it'll be a more consistent stable performance.

I also see Peyton Manning had a good debut for the Broncos , giving the Steelers a bit of a pasting !!

And once again the Buffalo Bills do their old trick of flattering to deceive and playing like a bunch of weak minded pansies... Sigh...

I actually watched the first quarter of the Denver v Steelers game last night. 0-0!! Manning got sacked a few times I recall.

I'm not very hopefull for the prospects of The Bears but hey-ho, you can't go round changing your team so GO BEARS!

What's wrong with the Bears? They have a very strong team, and Cutler has his old buddy Marshall again.

Bills got bitchslapped and my Panthers played like sissy girls. Cam was terrible. RG3 played really well though as mentioned above. Good to see Manning playing well, beating the (booo) Steelers (hisss). Nice to see him and Stokley hooking up again.

Probably won't post in here much but I'm a Saints fan. Got box seats for the Panthers and Falcons games at the Superdome this season. NOLA is my adopted home.

I'm happy to field questions from the foreigners about NFL or college ball. Been to about 100 college games.

Was happy to see The Jets get off to a winning start after their awful pre season.

I don't have a team as such, but back a team each way for the Superbowl each year, which theoretically are on the up. From the high of the Packers 2 years ago to the low of the Bucs last year. This year I'm a 49er, so a great start last night away to the favourites for the NFC title.

I also see Peyton Manning had a good debut for the Broncos , giving the Steelers a bit of a pasting !!

This pleased me. Being a Colts fan and my not favourable view of all Pittsburgh teams :D. Recorded it and caught up with it today. Was great to see Manning play like he'd never been away. Didn't see the ball for an hour then takes 36 seconds to get a TD. Brilliant. His mind games with Polamalu were amusing.

Good win for The Bears and now bring on the Packers on Thursday

I used to follow the Browns in the late 80's sunday evening Channel 4 days, how are they expected to go this year?
I presume they are still bad as ever.

Back