• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

This pleased me. Being a Colts fan and my not favourable view of all Pittsburgh teams :D. Recorded it and caught up with it today. Was great to see Manning play like he'd never been away. Didn't see the ball for an hour then takes 36 seconds to get a TD. Brilliant. His mind games with Polamalu were amusing.

" This pleased me "

I thought it would !!

Watching NFL on Sky Sports is very weird. The commentators freak me out.

Bills rebound from last week's horror show in style. Nice win, and in CJ Spiller they have one of the NFL's elite running backs.

Steelers also bounce back from last week. Todays headings " Big Ben orchestrates win over Jets "

:Cheerleader:

Win number 2 for the Buffalo Bills. Despite losing CJ Spiller to a serious shoulder injury in the 1st quarter. Shame, as Spiller had been averaging over 10 yards a carry every time he ran the ball through the first 2 games. Highest average through 2 games since the legendary Jim Brown in 1963.

Can you tell me if there's any channel I can hook into to watch the Packers game tonight or even record it?

Or am I limited to Channel 4's coverage on a Sunday night?

Sorry, I forgot to say I don't have Sky Sports....

If you can get the beeb over there in sunny Ireland then it's on here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/15966682

Thanks Johnny, I'll try to record that and see how I get on, but I'm not allowed to watch Iplayer stuff, cause I'm outside the UK, so that might not work, but the red button might, although BBC Northern Ireland sometimes transmit alternative schedules....

Other than that, I'll try it on my old box, which doesn't record... (Old UK box - not Sky+)..

Thanks for that though.

Interesting that that link you posted has two links for 2007 & 2008!!

Related to this story
NFL fixtures
05 Jan 2008 AMERICAN FOOTBALL
NFL results
26 Oct 2007 AMERICAN FOOTBALL

Replacement refs are incredibly bad.

Replacement refs are incredibly bad.

Tell me, unless it's already appeared way back in this thread, but wjhat's going on with the officials?

Many references to it on Sunday night on the Patriot's game show.
Are they out on strike and for why?

Pensions apparently. In a $9Bn industry Roger Goodell is arguing over a pittance of pensions for the officials. It's pathetic, like most of the calls, although the coaches and players are throwing more tantrums than a day nursery, all should be embarrassed by this debacle.

Is it me or are the hits a lot harder this season? I saw 2 stiff arms grabbing the face mask, a helmet to helmet savage hit, 2 chop blocks and two forearm smashes, brutal.

Pensions apparently. In a $9Bn industry Roger Goodell is arguing over a pittance of pensions for the officials. It's pathetic, like most of the calls, although the coaches and players are throwing more tantrums than a day nursery, all should be embarrassed by this debacle.

Is it me or are the hits a lot harder this season? I saw 2 stiff arms grabbing the face mask, a helmet to helmet savage hit, 2 chop blocks and two forearm smashes, brutal.

The players are thinking they can get away with it because of the poor quality of the officials

Shocking decisions in the Packer's game!
including the final one at the last second.
The Seahawks player hit the Packers 37 so hard he ended up on his back away from that jumping cluster then the Packers had the ball to his chest and the Seahawks player had his fucking hand on it so got he touchdown!

Unbelievable!

But like the commentators said, 'Entertaining, but not good to watch'.

Whatever this dispute is about, it's about time the owners got stuck in, their product is being trashed here.

Looking like the referees dispute could be settled pretty soon, from what I've read. Shame it's taken the replacements losing a team a game for the NFL to get their arses out of their hands.

Shocking decisions in the Packer's game!
including the final one at the last second.
The Seahawks player hit the Packers 37 so hard he ended up on his back away from that jumping cluster then the Packers had the ball to his chest and the Seahawks player had his $#@!ing hand on it so got he touchdown!

Unbelievable!

But like the commentators said, 'Entertaining, but not good to watch'.

Whatever this dispute is about, it's about time the owners got stuck in, their product is being trashed here.

Did the Cheese Heads lose? Oh SHAME! :devilsmile: Go Bears!!

Real officials back this week, hooray! And the Evil Empire marches in to Buffalo. Hoping for the same result as last season. Let's go Buffalo!

Fucking over the Saints. Brees has done everything he could to win all 4 of these first 4 games and the defense has absolutely choked it away. Guys bouncing off tackles, running backs dropping absolutely critical balls, Hartley missing FG after FG.

But I'll still be there the end of November to enjoy my box seat to the 49ers game.

Yeah they were slightly unlucky to lose to the Packers. Hartley kicked what could have been a winning 43yrd field goal but his defence (No. 85) got penalised for holding and they moved it back to the 53. Then the Packers got penalised for encroachment and it was moved again to the 48 and Hartley missed the kick. I think it was the only one he missed all game as well.

Then again the Packers had a really bad "down by contact" call against them on a punt return.

Last edited:
Back