• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

It doesn't say "The angels have the phone box",very disappointing. :)

dalek-snow.jpg

Keep 'em coming jolemai ;) Are you making this stuff yourself or trawling every corner of the internet for pics? :)

Making? No. Trawling? Not really.

I just post something I see on another website that's interesting and Dr Who related.

Making? No. Trawling? Not really.

I just post something I see on another website that's interesting and Dr Who related.

I like it.Some are a bit weird. :)

The rings of Akhaten.

Beautiful set,good beginning and another "Star Wars" alien market place.Downhill from there,who knew love/tears/memories/a leaf could save the day eh? ;) We do! God awful resolution again.

1)Why didn't the TARDIS translate alien languages all of a sudden?
2)Doc takes Clara on her first alien excursion and just disappears for long periods of time?? Very bad Doc.
3)Wasn't Clara issued a TARDIS key?

The rings of Akhaten.

Beautiful set,good beginning and another "Star Wars" alien market place.Downhill from there,who knew love/tears/memories/a leaf could save the day eh? ;) We do! God awful resolution again.

1)Why didn't the TARDIS translate alien languages all of a sudden?
2)Doc takes Clara on her first alien excursion and just disappears for long periods of time?? Very bad Doc.
3)Wasn't Clara issued a TARDIS key?

Amazing how much we disagree on this show! I thought Saturday's was one of the best in ages - a fantastic episode. Beautifully shot, the scenes with the little girl singing were really well done, a nice little story to boot.

The resolution to the episode was wonderful! Did you miss the point about something that appears so small and seemingly insignificant meant so much to one person and her entire existence?

Your questions:

1. It did. Except random barking which wasn't really a language. You're nit-picking. ;)
2. He ALWAYS does that. You need to watch some of the classic series - it happened every time!
3. I'm sure she will eventually. Patience, man.

Last week's was okay, not the best, but still better than the first half of this series which has been a bit of a let down so far. But Saturday's was much, much better and a step in the right direction.

I only hope the Doctor/Clara flirting stops and she doesn't become another romantic interest. I like her character so far and think the on-screen chemistry between the two main characters is very good.

Amazing how much we disagree on this show! I thought Saturday's was one of the best in ages - a fantastic episode. Beautifully shot, the scenes with the little girl singing were really well done, a nice little story to boot.

I liked last week's actually,and after this week's abomination it looks a masterpiece! ;)

The resolution to the episode was wonderful! Did you miss the point about something that appears so small and seemingly insignificant meant so much to one person and her entire existence?

Well,I would think alot of things would fit that bill,making it not very creative and it happens too often now with tears/love and leafs. :)

Your questions:

1. It did. Except random barking which wasn't really a language. You're nit-picking. ;)
2. He ALWAYS does that. You need to watch some of the classic series - it happened every time!
3. I'm sure she will eventually. Patience, man.

1.I thought the barking was a language,TARDIS conveniently not working to fasilitate the funny barking...
2.He shouldn't. ;)
3.Pretty sure she was given a key...twice.I will check that out.Was that the one who died perhaps?I could be confused here.

Last week's was okay, not the best, but still better than the first half of this series which has been a bit of a let down so far. But Saturday's was much, much better and a step in the right direction.

Agree about being better than the first half,but last week much better anywho.

I only hope the Doctor/Clara flirting stops and she doesn't become another romantic interest. I like her character so far and think the on-screen chemistry between the two main characters is very good.

Here we agree 127%! :)

Personally, I'd give last weeks a 6.5/10 and Saturdays an 8/10.

Forgot to mention Matt Smith's superb little rant towards the end - he's a superb actor and an utterly brilliant Doctor (I think he's a big improvement on the excellent but still vastly overrated Tennant).

Personally, I'd give last weeks a 6.5/10 and Saturdays an 8/10.

Forgot to mention Matt Smith's superb little rant towards the end - he's a superb actor and an utterly brilliant Doctor (I think he's a big improvement on the excellent but still vastly overrated Tennant).

I've grown to like Smith.

Last week 6-6.5 I agree with,this week I gave it a 3/10,and I didn't even mind the singing.

I checked the key issue,and it must have been in the christmas episode he gave one to the Clara who died,accompanied by the words "I don't know why,I just know who" :)

Norway - this is similar to what we've discussed and I think this is absolutely spot on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22062350

Completely agree with that article.Another thing is we all know it's not going anywhere and is just wasting time.Same with Clara hesitant about joining the Doctor,we all know she will so why not use those seconds for something else...and we would be spared cringing over the Doctor's begging.

:(

Perhaps you could befriend a Wolves fan over the pond to acquire it and send it to you...

I do know a few Americans I COULD try that with (all around my age mind you :p) but really it's too much hassle even though I would like it!

Back