• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

I'm trying really hard to form a "bond" with Clara,but they're making it very difficult.She's likeable but nothing's there,no emotions coming through.

The episode was a bit "meh",I'll give it a weak 5/10.

Favourite moment:"Ultravox,do they split up??" ;)

Well since we moved Stateside we have not been able to watch any of the new Dr Who's....However thank goodness for BBC America, for $10 extra per month to the TV package my son and I can now play catch up and watch all episodes since 2012!
Happy Days!

Didn't think much of Saturday's episode to be honest. I guess I'm just waiting for the "ongoing theme" to kick in.

Wasn't massively keen on that one either, except it had Davos from Game of Thrones in it, and Clara had wet clothes throughout most of the episode. Otherwise it was a bit 'meh'. Even the Ice Warriors weren't as good as I had hoped.

That was quite possibly the worst episode I've seen,sorry.

This Neil Cross and me do not mesh apparently,I thought Akhaten was very poor too.

That was quite possibly the worst episode I've seen,sorry.

This Neil Cross and me do not mesh apparently,I thought Akhaten was very poor too.

Haven't watched it yet but you saying this makes me quite happy as we seldom agree on this subject! ;)

Only just watched it - have to say decent enough episode - not what I expected at any rate!

Haven't watched it yet but you saying this makes me quite happy as we seldom agree on this subject! ;)

I hope you like it,just wish I didn't turn out to be your personal reverse yard stick. ;) I'd much prefer loving the episodes! :)

Personally I really enjoyed the last episode. It started off really creepy which was an interesting change. However it did peter out towards the end but that was fine due to the start being very well done.

The early start probably doesn't help tbh. I guess I'd prefer it to be a bit more grim.

I hope you like it,just wish I didn't turn out to be your personal reverse yard stick. ;) I'd much prefer loving the episodes! :)

And true to form, I did like it! I thought it had a lot of classic Dr Who about it - spooky, some timey-wimey stuff and a crap looking monster. Overall, very watchable.

We all agreed in our house that this was easily the best Matt Smith episode for some time. The fact that both the kids were hidden behind cushions was a good barometer and reminded me of the terror that those Tom Baker episodes inspired in me. Loved the low budget polystyrene monster, did not love the lazy recycled footage of the tardis swinging by to pick up the doctor. I also think it's mildy amusing that the tardis doesn't like Clara - clearly echoing the nations views about her.. the sooner she does an Adrick, the better.

And true to form, I did like it! I thought it had a lot of classic Dr Who about it - spooky, some timey-wimey stuff and a crap looking monster. Overall, very watchable.

Wasn't really a monster though was it,just a guy looking for his lover. :) Matt was too goofy/zany for me in this one,had he been slightly more grounded it would have helped me,but probably not everyone else so...
Clara still a cardboard cutout,but I loved the thumbs up look.

The professor/admiral whatever loved him,wonderfully fleshed out character in such a short time...Clara being a "mystery" is likely to hinder much development unfortunately.

There's always next week! ;)

We all agreed in our house that this was easily the best Matt Smith episode for some time. The fact that both the kids were hidden behind cushions was a good barometer and reminded me of the terror that those Tom Baker episodes inspired in me. Loved the low budget polystyrene monster, did not love the lazy recycled footage of the tardis swinging by to pick up the doctor. I also think it's mildy amusing that the tardis doesn't like Clara - clearly echoing the nations views about her.. the sooner she does an Adrick, the better.

I almost said it was a classic 'behind the sofa' episode!!

And surely you're not comparing Clara to Adric....!?!

The next episode spoiler looked interesting too. Been waiting for an episode inside the TARDIS for a while now.

Watch Logopolis if you want to see lots of the Tardis.

All looks rather samey in that one though - lots of familiar looking corridors and bad lighting. As was the standard in 1981.

I almost said it was a classic 'behind the sofa' episode!!

And surely you're not comparing Clara to Adric....!?!

I think she would be moderately improved by being driven into a sun aboard a cyberman spaceship.

Back