• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging from what I saw of Derby last year I imagine there will be a slight tweak in midfield too, perhaps Kante and Jorginho sitting deeper giving more licence for whichever of Kovacic or Barkley to push forward a bit the way he allowed Mount to do last year.

Yeah I agree, it was generally a 4-2-3-1 wasn't it, and the odd diamond midfield here and there. That could well suit Jorginho and Kante better than the Sarri system did, but we'll see!

It ain't going to take til november for fans to get twitchy about OGS. If they're not already twitchy, there's something wrong with them. He hasn't got it. Doubt he ever will have it.
Always liked Lampard as a player (apart from when he should've been sent off against us!) but the cynic in me wonders if he hasn't jumped too soon.

He's stated that he wants to be judged on his managerial abilities, and that he doesn't want his past glories with the club to be taken into context.

I'm sure they did that when they offered the job to a manager with a single years experience, that being in the championship (in which they lost in the play off final) Over the past 2 decades that's been a pretty standard route for Chelsea managers hasn't it?

I think he has gone from Derby at least a season too early,OSG has stayed at least six months too long!

Ugh - Benitez to Bruce. I don't know who I detest more.

Neil Custis was banging the Bruce drum on TS the other day. Would be hilarious and proof that Ashley is deliberately pissing off the Geordie fans

Ashley and Bruce.

Thats love island 101

Pleeeeeeaaaaase make it so

giphy.gif

This actually seems real.

Just why? On what level, why? Not like he's even brilliant at keeping shite teams in the league, he's been relegated twice and sacked at least once before he repeated the trick. Some limpet like the Count of Monte Bisto (ignoring his Newcastle history), sure. You can accept that he probably will keep you up. He's expensive, he'll leave no legacy, he's a horrible fat twat and everyone will hate his football, but if your sole priority is staying up, let's run with it.

Steve Bruce will take them down as he's utterly rubbish.

I guess Ashley is banking on him bring a bit of good will as he's a Geordie. No fucking other reason why you'd hire him, other than being a fan of his books.

I guess Ashley is banking on him bring a bit of good will as he's a Geordie. No fucking other reason why you'd hire him, other than being a fan of his books.

He managed Sunderland. He will have zero good will amongst the Toon faithful.

Darren Moore new manager of Doncaster

This actually seems real.

Just why? On what level, why? Not like he's even brilliant at keeping shite teams in the league, he's been relegated twice and sacked at least once before he repeated the trick. Some limpet like the Count of Monte Bisto (ignoring his Newcastle history), sure. You can accept that he probably will keep you up. He's expensive, he'll leave no legacy, he's a horrible fat twat and everyone will hate his football, but if your sole priority is staying up, let's run with it.

Steve Bruce will take them down as he's utterly rubbish.

In fairness, that's not a giant leap from Benitez footballing ethos for the toon but they loved him. Bruce will have to be even worse than normal to take the toon down. But its not a huge leap. I thought they could go last year.

I don't like Benitez on a number of levels but he is a massive, massive leap from Allardyce let alone Bruce.

He was working with limited tools at Newcastle and did a decent job although his victim complex was extremely grating and it was never that fun to watch (none of his teams are).

#lampardout trending on twitter...

I don't like Benitez on a number of levels but he is a massive, massive leap from Allardyce let alone Bruce.

He was working with limited tools at Newcastle and did a decent job although his victim complex was extremely grating and it was never that fun to watch (none of his teams are).

Big Sam has told Big Al this morning that Newcastle contacted him about the job, he had talks but said it wasn't for him

He launched an impassioned defence of his style. Apparently it’s the fans fault that they aren’t satisfied by the shite football served up by the likes of him or Bruce, and Pep is also to blame for introducing play it out from the back nonsense. Absolute fucking dinosaur

Yep and that after yesterday when we had Saunders telling us that if Sean Dyche was manager of City he would achieve the same results as Pep.

Big Al's show is the perfect vehicle for the old boy's club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back