• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a terrible appointment in the first place so not surprised. Amazing that they sacked Karanka only to bring someone who played worse football in.

It's pretty obvious the problem isn't with the managers (even if they are a poor lot)

Obviously they just dont get along with anyone...

Wonder if they saw what they had them doing first day of pre-season
f78143d80cd05788a81a13bb42d42452.jpg

Lamouchi appointed already - Mendes client.

If Lampard goes to Chelsea, Graeme Jones of Luton will move up to be the 16th longest-serving manager in the Championship.

Managed 0 games...

If Lampard goes to Chelsea, Graeme Jones of Luton will move up to be the 16th longest-serving manager in the Championship.

Managed 0 games...
In best Jim White voice:

My source tells me Lampard has cleared his office at Moor Farm. Darren Moore has been interviewed, not sure if it's just a Rooney Rule thing though. Morris does want someone with connections to the club.

Phillip Cocu massively odds on for the Derby job.

Lampard finally confirmed as the new Chelsea boss

Apparently Chelsea wanted to confirm this yesterday evening but because Facebook & Instagram were experiencing problems loading pictures & videos, the club wanted the social media sites restored to normal before making the announcement.

I know they always seem to end up winning something regardless, but Lampard has a lot of work to do to keep them in the top four (which is surely the aim?). Might get away with it because of how badly run Arsenal and United currently are, but this is probably their strongest eleven?

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Luiz Emerson

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Giroud Willian

Hudson-Odoi (and Reece James) still to come back from injury, but I don't think it's too inspiring. They've spent 50m on Kovavic, who although I enjoy watching doesn't really contribute much, and is now blocking a pathway for a player like Mason Mount. Players like Luiz, Willian and Pedro are now another year older too. He might get more time because of who he is but that's a difficult job for Lampard, who I'm not that convinced by anyway.

I know they always seem to end up winning something regardless, but Lampard has a lot of work to do to keep them in the top four (which is surely the aim?). Might get away with it because of how badly run Arsenal and United currently are, but this is probably their strongest eleven?

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Luiz Emerson

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Giroud Willian

Hudson-Odoi (and Reece James) still to come back from injury, but I don't think it's too inspiring. They've spent 50m on Kovavic, who although I enjoy watching doesn't really contribute much, and is now blocking a pathway for a player like Mason Mount. Players like Luiz, Willian and Pedro are now another year older too. He might get more time because of who he is but that's a difficult job for Lampard, who I'm not that convinced by anyway.

Surely Pulisic is going to be in ahead of Willian or Pedro?

Shit yeah completely forgot about him. he replaces Hazard

Judging from what I saw of Derby last year I imagine there will be a slight tweak in midfield too, perhaps Kante and Jorginho sitting deeper giving more licence for whichever of Kovacic or Barkley to push forward a bit the way he allowed Mount to do last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back