• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalian Yifang it's looking like.

A lot of sackcloth and ashes and woe is me in Geordieland tonight... it's fucking ace!

Now for some news that has come from nowhere...

Chelsea have been given permission to speak to Frank Lampard about their vacant manager's job.

There's a heck of a lot of love for Rafa in all this

The Geordies all believe that no other manager on the planet could have kept Newcastle from relegation with Ashley as the owner.

Rafa is a decade on from his decent achievements. It's a cult of personality because he engages with the fans at any club he manages so they love him.

I am sure the same will happen in China (while he still keeps his monster pad on the Wirral, obvs)

I still don't get their obsession with him and that constant assertion by Newcastle fans that they are complete underdogs with a squad that would apparently have been relegated without Benitez (no it wouldn't). His spend is similar to Pardew's and he has a worse PPG when it comes to Prem games too (1.32 v 1.21).

My Newcastle supporting mate told me yesterday that they spent less than Huddersfield in both of the last 2 seasons, and to finish 10th and 13th was a miracle. He attributes the love to how he "has embraced the city and held the city together while the club has been fucked by Ashley"

Current bun reporting lampards a done deal to chelski

Got me thinking that he will go from managing a group of players who respect him for his achievements in football, to managing a bunch of prima donas who know they can get him sacked if he takes their sweets of them.

It's a tough one

Makes sense for Lampard though. Ultimately if he gets sacked at Chelsea then he can just say it was a very difficult situation and I'm sure he would get another job in the Championship.

Stay at Derby and have a poor season then his stock is low and Chelsea won't come calling again. There isn't that much risk his end.

Maybe, I'd prefer to back myself with my team that had played for me rather than jump ship for a payday sacking which is what Chelski will be (surely he earnt enough during his playing days)

Championship or Champions League? I totally understand if Frank goes for it.

Looks like Forest have sacked O'Neill

Oddball club

In the last decade:

Billy Davies Jan 2009 - Jun 2011
Steve McClaren Jun 2011 - Oct 2011
Steve Cotterill Oct 2011 - Jul 2012
Sean O'Driscoll Jul 2012 - Dec 2012
Alex McLeish Dec 2012 - Jan 2013
Billy Davies Feb 2013 - Mar 2014
Stuart Pearce Jul 2014 - Feb 2015
Dougie Freedman Feb 2015 - Mar 2016
Philippe Montanier Jun 2016 - Jan 2017
Gary Brazil Jan 2017 - Mar 2017
Mark Warburton Mar 2017 - Dec 2017
Aitor Karanka Jan 2018 - Jan 2019
Martin O'Neill Jan 2019 - Jun 2019

Stability.

That's an incredible list of shite managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back