• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lolz at the Spurs fans worried Mourinho would turn them into boring 1-0 merchants...

Looking at this objectively this is what I have:

Negatives for us:
Arsenal are a traditionally bigger club than Wolves, they have a higher profile and a larger stadium. Their youth programme seems to be coming to fruition

Positives for us:
The project here, the bond at every level from board to players to fans.
The Valencia and Porto experience.
We are at worse on a par with them on the pitch, although switch Nuno and that would probably change.
I'd get a game at centre half and I'm 47 and overweight.
Their fans are twats blud.

The unknowns:
Budget they'd promise. If Kronke actually wanted to it could be significant.
Salary, if they really want him, they'd probably pay more.
Would he leave mid season? (I think not)

I do think we are kidding ourselves though if we think that if a club of Arsenal's stature came calling that it's not something Nuno would at least have to weigh up.

There is a massive drinking culture at that station. Now I admit I like to partake in the occasional tipple after evensong so I am in no place to throw stones, but it makes a Manchester United dressing room containing Robson, McGrath and Whiteside look like a Mormon convention.

One of these days Alan Brazil is just going to slump over the desk and that will be that if serious changes aren’t made soon.

Arsenal fans also thinking Nuno would be underwhelming just shows how deluded they are.

Ive said before,Alan Brazil looks like a body that's been washed onto a beach after being in the water for a week or so

Anyway, that Daily Heil story...

Taken the odds shortening after Merson giving an opinion and needed something to hang it on. And they have gone with some Arsenal high-up being palsy with Uncle Jorge. While ignoring our massive relationship with Jorge and the fact that our owners own a chunk of Gestifute. It’s bollocks.

I wouldn't say its utter bollocks. No doubt bigger teams will be looking at Nuno, so not much of a stretch to say Arsenal will have him as a candidate if they are looking to dump their current manager. We know what the response will be if they call Jeff to ask for permission to speak with him will be though

If Arsenal make an approach it is definitely something Nuno will have to think about, it's not without its risks but their stature is still bigger than ours and the rewards are huge if he could get it right.

I don't think he will leave though, and in any case they haven't even sacked Emery.

Nuno would only have to think about it if Arsenal got past Shi. Our valuation of Neves tells you all you need to know about the likely level of compensation we would demand. It would be mega millions and Arsenal wouldnt pay it.

Nuno would only have to think about it if Arsenal got past Shi. Our valuation of Neves tells you all you need to know about the likely level of compensation we would demand. It would be mega millions and Arsenal wouldnt pay it.

In football if the manager/player want to go they usually get their way. The decision would be very much with Nuno.

Not in this case I don’t think. If you are Kroenke, you can get Poch for no compensation or pay an absolute fortune for Nuno.

Arsenal fans want jam today and that defence couldnt stop beach balls. They need a proper clear out before they move forward. I dont think Arsenal fans have the patience to go further back to move forward and they would need that if they want Nuno. Nuno will want his style, his ideals, his players and a small squad. He has shown that singularly here. Arsenal is an awful fit for him and them.

Moose on talkshite just now:

“Arsenal is a bigger club, sorry Wolves fans, but Wolves is a club in a better state and going places.”

You would presume Poch and Allegri would be higher up the Arsenal wish list than Nuno. Whether either would take the job is a different matter.

If Arsenal do come calling then I would expect Nuno to still be here at the end of the season with a nice pay rise.

Emery getting sacked this morning it looks like. Speculation now is going to be so annoying

Now there is a vacancy I hope Nuno is more definitive in today's press conference. Still don't think he'll go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back