• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren’t interested in Nuno.

They probably are, but that’s not very important. It’s whether we are going to allow them to speak to him, or whether he actually wants to go. I don’t think either is true.

The fan reaction to an appointment like Nuno would be hostile and toxic. They will be looking at a bigger name. They have 12 weeks to sort it as that is the maximum time Ljungberg can be in charge on the licence he holds. So they need a big name who is available. That’s Poch or Allegri

Poch has been very clear he wouldn't manage Barcelona after Espanol, so presumably that extends to Arsenal with Spurs

Yeah Poch won't go there. He'll be holding out for the United job anyway.

Bouhafsi says Nuno is their priority and they've started discussions. He's usually a very credible source so we'll have to see...

Apparently Allegri wants the job and there has been contact between him and Arsenal.

Lots of places saying different things - not sure anyone really knows

Norwich away and Brighton at home. Hand picked fixtures for new manager bounce. If they dont win or get 4 points from those Ljundberg wont last long either. I would not be surprised if Arteta went there to the end of the season.

Given our recent success it would be more surprising if they WEREN'T at least vetting Nuno.

I'd be surprised if it went further than that, though. Nuno isn't tactically congruent with the way Arsenal expects to play, IMO.

If you were Nuno, would you still talk to Arsenal even if you had no intention of joining them, so you could get a pay rise at Wolves?

That is what I expect will happen. Jorge negotiates a nice fat payrise and new 4-5 year deal.

Im not going to sit here and just blindly assume he won’t leave but I’m also not going to worry too much about something I can’t do anything about. I’d be devastated if he did go though.

A few things I think are interesting

The way Nuno spoke about the fans after the game, full of praise and talking about the "journey we started together" and wanting to "achieve more"
He waved to the fans as soon as they ask him to
Moutinho signing a contract extension

He'd be a proper snake to talk like that and then leave, nothing he's done so far suggests he's anything like that

If Arsenal convince him the "project" is worth moving to, then he will go.

They have a long way to go to do that though.

Chill peeps. Ljunberg as caretaker, then Allegri will be in.

However, Nuno is gonna get linked to more big jobs. We (as a club) just need to progress a bit more, making staying with us more enticing for him.
If we make Europe again this season, that's certainly one way to do it.

Suppose its the price of success, bound to get interest from some of the traditional big boys.

Was thinking when was the last time we had a manager poached by another club, off the top of my head cant think of it ever happening. (suppose a sign of the dross we have employed in the past)

Nuno will get talked about for other appointments - nothing we can do about that.

He has given no indication that he is ready to bin off the project he has here just now - not a certainty that he wouldn't go elsewhere, but would be a bit surprised if this is the one he would want to jump to.

Up to Wolves to keep advancing to protect the link with him.

Mick was close to going to South Korea.

We had to meet with Hoddle before we allowed him to sling his hook as there was talk he could be off to Charlton.

That's about it.

Hoddle going to Charlton (preferably a week after he started) would have been no bad thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back