• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno Pav.

It had clearly gone hideously stale there for a year in league form, which was masked by a run to a final where they didn't turn up at all. With what they have at their disposal, Spurs should not be this shit.

I agree there has been bugger all backing in the transfer market but look at their forward line. They should be delivering a lot more.

We played them on 29 December last year. At that point their league record was P19 W15 D0 L4.

Since then:

P31 W11 D7 L13

Which is frankly not very good, I wouldn't really be particularly happy if we had that kind of record.

Eriksen, Rose, Alderweireld and Vertonghen don't want to know any more. Aurier was a joke signing and he's somehow their only option at RB. He's resorted to playing bloody Sissoko every week and he is a shocking footballer.

I'm not sure he can complain all that much.

He clearly hasn't wanted to be there since the Summer, this has been coming

Something changed today though. The odds massively shortened at lunchtime by the look of it. I guess some pro punters got wind of it and lumped on

I was in a Spurs pub when they beat Red Star (or whatever they're called now...) 4-0 away. I couldn't believe the negativity from them, all arguing amongst themselves, but several saying Poch would be sacked soon.
Absolutely gobsmacked at the news today, but their arguments were: "the board ain't going", and they can't replace enough of the squad in January. The only option was for Poch to go...

Talk Sport sources claim Mourinho deal will be sorted tomorrow morning...

I wouldn't have thought Mourinho would go there because they wouldn't give him the funding he wants/needs to be successful.

If it unsettles Howe and Bournemouth that would be spiffing.

Mourinho confirmed. Gonna be fun watching this from the sidelines.

Mourinho confirmed. Gonna be fun watching this from the sidelines.

Can't do a whole lot worse than Poch has done recently.
Whether he can do any better I don't know. Depends whether the players want to knuckle down or not. If not he's got a major job on his hands.

Heard a coupel of reporters who follow Spurs closely say that in the summer of 2018 Poch felt he had to evolve how they played as it wasnt sustainable and wanted to start overhauling the squad, that was the window when they signed no-one, and as said 6 months later their form went off a cliff.

(not sure if they were putting out his version to forrm the narrative, but as it was irish radio dont think it was their target audience so unlikely).

Csnt think of a chairman/manager partnership more unsuitably matched then Jose & Levy.

Heard a coupel of reporters who follow Spurs closely say that in the summer of 2018 Poch felt he had to evolve how they played as it wasnt sustainable and wanted to start overhauling the squad, that was the window when they signed no-one, and as said 6 months later their form went off a cliff.

(not sure if they were putting out his version to forrm the narrative, but as it was irish radio dont think it was their target audience so unlikely).

Csnt think of a chairman/manager partnership more unsuitably matched then Jose & Levy.

I can't see that Mourinho took the job without being promised funds to rebuild the team

And if that's true, giving those funds to Poch would have avoided this whole mess

I think Mourinho will do well there. He's wanted Alderweireld for years. If he can convince everyone to stay that would be a great start. Obviously they need a new right back, but I think he will completely sort that defence out.
Eric Dier could be an absolute force, haha.

He loves a proper number 9..

I don't think it's a good fit at all but in a strange way I like having Mourinho in the league, even though I think he's a wanker.

Tottenham , traditionally an attacking side, appoint Mourinho a traditionally defensive manager.

And people say its a good fit.(not here thank god)

If Spurs now win the next 5 games 1-0 they will be fine, but if they start drawing 0-0 at home to Watford or Southampton (or similar ilk if they have already played them )it will be a short Honeymoon.

Next five games:

West Ham (a)
Olympiacos (h)
Bournemouth (h)
Manchester United (at Old Trafford I think)
Wolves (a)

He can have four 1-0 wins to start, but I hope he does rather worse in the last of those matches!

I'm not sure it necessarily holds up that he scraps 1-0 wins. His football hasn't really evolved since the middle of last decade and it's far from swashbuckling but there aren't that many differences between him and Nuno. Let the opposition have the ball in nothing areas (especially at 0-0, or if you're in the lead). Loads of pace up front. Emphasis on clean sheets. It's not like he's a Portuguese Pulis all of a sudden.

I'm surprised Spurs have gone for him for any number of reasons but he's produced multiple exciting sides as well as some rubbish along the way. Not like Spurs have been superb to watch lately, especially domestically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back