• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warnock is about the best they could hope for really. I can't think of any out of work managers better suited to the job at this time. Taking an in-work manager would have been very difficult at this stage of the season and would have seen the whole thing dragged out longer

Phil Simkin has been sacked as manager of Dorchester Town. Blaming relegation and the poor start to the season on fans "not putting their hands in their pockets" hasn't exactly endeared him to Joe Public.

Warnock is about the best they could hope for really. I can't think of any out of work managers better suited to the job at this time. Taking an in-work manager would have been very difficult at this stage of the season and would have seen the whole thing dragged out longer

Steve Clarke, Neil Lennon, they both have better claims than Warnock who has managed in the top flight three times, got relegated the first two times and was sacked before he could make it a hat-trick at QPR.

He's 65, has never played anything like the kind of football that will succeed in today's elite levels, had given up at Leeds long before he jumped and as Johnny points out does not put in the yards that a top flight club requires. Virtually everyone in football thought him retired - he has said as much on many occasions in his newspaper columns, that he would only really look at a DoF/consultant role and then bang, he's back in the Premier League.

Showing immense commitment to the cause as well. On with Alan Brazil for his usual Talkshite slot in the morning. Would have thought being at his desk and getting ready for training might have been a higher priority.

It's all opinions I guess, but I don't rate Clarke at all. Did ok riding off the work of Hodgson for a while but it was going wrong long before Albion booted him.

Lennon maybe, but I reckon he's got his eye on a bigger job than Palace, West Ham maybe.

I don't think Warnock is a particularly good appointment and is certainly a huge down grade on Pulis. but when compared to the options available, he's no worse.

Hockaday surely cannot last long. His interview post-match was absolutely laughable, wittering on about "fitness levels being good", the players must have absolutely no respect for him. Makes Dean Saunders look like a footballing sage with a fulsome managerial CV. Of course ordinarily I would not advocate sacking someone after such a short period in charge but much like Saunders here, when it is that obvious that someone is that far out of their depth with no hope of redemption, you have to act quickly to fix your own stupid mistake.

Hockaday surely cannot last long. His interview post-match was absolutely laughable, wittering on about "fitness levels being good", the players must have absolutely no respect for him. Makes Dean Saunders look like a footballing sage with a fulsome managerial CV. Of course ordinarily I would not advocate sacking someone after such a short period in charge but much like Saunders here, when it is that obvious that someone is that far out of their depth with no hope of redemption, you have to act quickly to fix your own stupid mistake.

Leeds' disciplinary problems so far this season have been horrendous and tonight they were niggly, frustrated and really didn't look arsed.

I think you're right in saying they don't respect their manager.

Would've handed the keys to David Moyes and paid him whatever the fuck he wanted. Palace is really awful.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

Leeds' disciplinary problems so far this season have been horrendous and tonight they were niggly, frustrated and really didn't look arsed.

I think you're right in saying they don't respect their manager.

Leeds United should fine Murphy for his behaviour. He might have been sent off for his first tackle, and was rightly dismissed for another wild lunge. Hockaday may well be out of his depth, but what chance does a manager have when players show such a lack of discipline.

Hockaday is as much the manager of Leeds as I am. He is just a face so the insane (upgraded from simply Mad) Italian can hide behind someone when his decisions go tits up.

The problem is - until Madman Mass takes a step back and realises that over here you cannot run a club that way, no-one with any self-respect or repute will take the gig. Especially on the rumoured £80k a year that Hockaday is on.

Ultimately he (Hock) still picks the team, makes the subs, talks to the press - he can't do any of it.

Leeds United should fine Murphy for his behaviour. He might have been sent off for his first tackle, and was rightly dismissed for another wild lunge. Hockaday may well be out of his depth, but what chance does a manager have when players show such a lack of discipline.

Yeah the first challenge could easily have been a red card. I wonder if the ref decided to only show a yellow as it was so early in the game?

Wasn't just that one though - there were a few nasty little niggles throughout. Billy Sharp springs to mind when he deliberately took out an opponent rather than go for the ball.

Maybe that's what Hockaday wants? His team to be stupidly competitive.

Hockaday sacked. No surprise really, he just seemed so Sunday league to put it harshly.

He just needed a little more time.

They're gonna be hard pressed to find someone willing to take that job.

saundersact_2444583b.jpg

You are not allowed to post that picture without accepting that it comes with a weeks ban for conduct likely to bring this site into disrepute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back